deepanker100
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Add toggle to disable power saving mode on the SoundTouch 10

Great work guys! Before you take it as kudos, this is meant to be sarcastic. I have two soundtouch 10 paired as stereo speakers and your settings to toggle do not apply when they are paired. It only works with Soundtouch 10, when they operate individually. Now I do not know what is the thought process behind it - Is it just a case of botched up technical design where you fail to account for stereo pairing. If it is intentional then your communication is equally bad as you fail to mention the reason for the same to your customers. Can you please let me know what is going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Add toggle to disable power saving mode on the SoundTouch 10

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Community_Admin

Hey Deepanker100,

Thanks for your post! We're excited to bring a new feature to disable the auto-off function of SoundTouch speakers, including the SoundTouch 10 speaker with the launch of firmware version 22.0.2. Additional information on this release can be found HERE.

You have a great question - have you tried separating the Stereo pair of two SoundTouch 10 speakers and disabling the auto-sleep function on each separate speaker? Then, re-group the Stereo pair again and use the speakers like normal.

I took some time to these this here with our SoundTouch 10 speakers with the above steps and set the speakers to Auxiliary input with no audio playing. I then left the Stereo pair for 2 hours and have noted that the speakers are still correctly powered on, honoring the individual speaker requests to disable auto-off.

Let me know how you get on and if this works for you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Community_Admin

Hey Deepanker100,

Thanks for your post! We're excited to bring a new feature to disable the auto-off function of SoundTouch speakers, including the SoundTouch 10 speaker with the launch of firmware version 22.0.2. Additional information on this release can be found HERE.

You have a great question - have you tried separating the Stereo pair of two SoundTouch 10 speakers and disabling the auto-sleep function on each separate speaker? Then, re-group the Stereo pair again and use the speakers like normal.

I took some time to these this here with our SoundTouch 10 speakers with the above steps and set the speakers to Auxiliary input with no audio playing. I then left the Stereo pair for 2 hours and have noted that the speakers are still correctly powered on, honoring the individual speaker requests to disable auto-off.

Let me know how you get on and if this works for you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

deepanker100
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Too cumbersome. I can agree why you would have video synch functionality disabled when speakers are stereo paired but toggle switch not available during the pair does not make sense.