Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Adding 2 more In-ceiling Speakers to SA-5 amp

Hello - I need help.  We have an SA-5 amp with four in-ceiling speakers. Two sets of two.  We would like to add two more in another room.  Can I hook these up to amp or do I need to buy something else?  I was told that Bose doesn’t sell Bluetooth or “active” in-ceiling speakers, only passive ones.  How would we connect the two new in-ceiling speakers to the existing amp? Thinking about purchasing the 591 set.  Thank you for your help.   

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Adding 2 more In-ceiling Speakers to SA-5 amp

Hi vdoucet,

Welcome and thanks for the question!

So while you wouldn't be able to connect another pair of speakers to your current SA-5, as it only supports up to 4 speakers at one time, you will be able to get another pair of ceiling speakers set up in a way that allows you to play them all together! 

The simplest way to do this would be to use another SA-5 for your extra speakers. With 2 SA-5s, as they are SoundTouch speakers, you can connect them both to the Wi-Fi network and control them as a group or individually using the SoundTouch app. When grouped, they will play the same audio from both amplifiers in-sync, and you can do this with sources from the app, Bluetooth Audio, and anything connected to the AUX input. Our latest update also added Airplay 2 support, so you can play to the amplifiers with this as well.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Thank you.  I will do that.  

Three more questions:

1) are the 571 in-ceiling speakers a good choice for 2nd SA-5? and

2) will they need to be hard wired to amp?

3) can I split the two "new" speakers so that they play independently with a switch?

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

Regarding your queries, your choice of ceiling speaker will be down to personal preference. They will need to be wired to the amplifier and you will be unable to implement a switch. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!