Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Again Spotify issue

Hi, 

Again  I am facing the same issue like frequent disconnect and connects while playing music on Soundtouch 30. I did play from Spotify APP and thru soundtouch app too but when I play on Soundtouch Adapter it works fine.

Two weeks back I had a same issue with both soundtouch Adapter & Soundtouch 30 and  rectified as you guided  like remove speakers and reconnect and update firmware.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Again Spotify issue

Hi Suresh Kumar,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear the issue with Spotify has come back for you.

I do know that our latest firmware was supposed to correct this, could you double-check which firmware version you have on your speaker? You can do this from the SoundTouch app and going to Menu > Settings > About > select the SoundTouch 30. This page will also tell us what the RSSI signal strength is as well, which would be useful to know.

On the SoundTouch 30 do we get the disconnects with any other music service or is it just Spotify?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Keith

Software ver. is 23.0.12 and RSSI signal is Great. I did try Deezer and working good. 

Highlighted

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information.

The software version is the latest one, so it is interesting we are still having this issue.

Having a great RSSI signal is useful to know as well as it makes it unlikely the dropout is caused by a weak wi-fi signal. However, do we have many other wireless devices near the SoundTouch 30?

I know you mentioned above that we removed and reconnected the speakers from the app, but have we tried removing and re-adding Spotify from the SoundTouch app? You would do this by going to the Menu > Settings > Music Services > Spotify then select your account and you should see an option to remove. 

Once removed go back to the Menu > Add Music Services and reconnect from there.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi Keith

I removed spotify from music services and added but still got same issue. 

I dont have any problem when i play it on Portable Home Speaker .

Highlighted

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for trying that. 

As you have mentioned that Spotify has been working fine on your SoundTouch Adapter and on the Portable home speaker, it does seem to be just the 30 that is having the issue.

With this in mind, there are a few more things I think we should try next if you haven't already done them.

The first would be a power cycle of the SoundTouch 30. We want to disconnect the speaker from the power for 1 minute, then reconnect and test again.

Next, if this does not help. Could we try moving the SoundTouch 30 to another location? Just in case we are getting some interference where it is located currently.

After trying that, if we are still having the same issue, We should factory reset the speaker and set it back up, with a fresh setup. To do this we need to press and hold the '1' and 'Vol -' buttons on the speaker together. At this point, a countdown should appear on the screen and we want to wait until the countdown has finished, then release the buttons. This will cause the speaker to reset and turn back on in setup mode. 

After completing the reset, we can set the speaker back up with the SoundTouch app and test the speaker again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Keith, 

My regular habit is to  keep  complete power off mode   if the system is not in use. 

FYI Close by  I just keep Soundtouch adapter and few feet away there is chormecast audio to connect soundtouch 30 via Aux as you don't support music services of Amazon & Jio Saavn. Incase if there is interface issue ST30 should not work with Tune in too right ? but I don't have any problem with Tune in or Amazon & Jio Saavn in Aux mode via google cast device. 

I also try to play Spotify free and it is working fine but whenever I play Spotify free I have issue.. 

I did factory reset of ST 30 & it was working good with Spotify premium for two days and again the same issue started.

Highlighted

Hi Suresh, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the previous troubleshooting has not worked for you! 

Can you confirm which Spotify is working correctly? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O