Highlighted
djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

AirPlay 2 - Software Update today!

Hello everyone,

Right now the software update for Airplay 2 is rolling out to HomeSpeaker 500, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700. SoundTouch products will follow later.

I deeply hope it’s working as supposed to and they can now turn to other important functions...

Have a good day and let me now if Airplay 2 is working like you expected it (stability?, HomeKit function?, multi room?,...)
3 REPLIES 3
MatyForde
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Re: AirPlay 2 - Software Update today!

Hi there

when you say soundtouch products will follow later, when wil that be roughly?

mat

Plasmanut
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I wish I could believe SoundTouch products would follow, but I get the feeling this will take a long time - if it ever happens. 

The fact that no timeline is provided suggests this is not happening. 

Incredibly disappointing, especially the fact that no timeline accompanies this announcement.

Bose, it’s 2019. We are tired of workarounds and we want what was promised in 2017. 

RottenD
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2015

Don’t hold your breath that anything will be done to make apple products play nice with Bose. Been on this forum for 3 years and ever since Apple bought beats, Bose won’t do anything for their customers who want apple integration. If you go through the history of this forum you can watch people ask for Apple Music integration, the occasional Bose statement saying they are reviewing it till eventually Bose stops pretending they’re doing anything and customers stop asking.
Smacks of senior execs having an axe to grind with Apple and taking it out on their own customers.
Very disappointing.