Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Airplay 2 - Apple Home

I have updated my SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch 300 and now have Airplay 2 working which is great so thanks for that.

I have tried adding these speakers into the HomeKit/Home app but get a “Home couldn’t connect to this accessory” error. Should I be able to add them? If so is there anything I can try to get it working? I get the same thing with both speakers. I am only able to select them to add in while I am playing music to them otherwise they don’t show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Re: Airplay 2 - Apple Home

Author Accepted Answer selected by Old Greg

Hello,

I had the same issue, but I was trying to add the devices from my IPhone which was connected as "Guest" to the Homekit environment.

I tried again from the "concentrator" (an IPad in my case) and it worked. The Soundtouch speakers (2xST10) are now added in Homekit and visible from any device connected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Old Greg

Hello,

I had the same issue, but I was trying to add the devices from my IPhone which was connected as "Guest" to the Homekit environment.

I tried again from the "concentrator" (an IPad in my case) and it worked. The Soundtouch speakers (2xST10) are now added in Homekit and visible from any device connected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip. I tried adding them to the Home app using my iPad and it worked straight away.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Airplay 2 - Apple Home

Hello guys 

My speaker just got an update for AirPlay 2

and now I wanted to add my speaker to Home App but it said couldn’t connected Accessory. But the Speaker did show up in the Add device list