Airplay 2 Integration

Animated Arbiter

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Well, I just went out and bought 2 HomePods over the weekend. I'm hoping to hear something soon. *cough* BOSE!

Strident Supporter

@Scott L. wrote:

Well, I just went out and bought 2 HomePods over the weekend. I'm hoping to hear something soon. *cough* BOSE!

I also have 2 of them. I am amazed at how well they work in stereo paring. They also sound really good.

They may be more expensive buy if bose does not do some thing really soon my bose will be going up for sale on ebay

Audible Advocate

It seems to me Bose will never commit to anything. They never give dates on any request. They are even more secretive than Apple. It really makes me laugh - maybe they are thinking other companies will copy their ideas if they annouce a feature beforehand, but the fact is they are so far behind the industry that are just playing catch up.

Also I have zero faith in their software engineering capability. Every time Bose releases an update, something always goes wrong. This time it's the 'Pay All' issue. Last time it was something else. Search the thread and you'll see.

I like my SoundTouch speakers (4 of them). They sound great. But I can't play Apple Music or even ask Alexa to play Spotify. I will most likely make a switch in coming months. 

Friendly Fanatic

Friendly Fanatic

Great quote and article from Sonos CEO recently on The Verge...

“It comes from the fact that, what we have done is made products better every year through the software updates that you get, which really are included in the purchase price that you paid up front. So if we keep making those products better over time, keep bringing new ones that add to the system and people love, then I’m comfortable we’ll continue to be a leader in our space.”

Think it shows which company has the right attitude to communicating and thinking of customers....

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/15/17465084/sonos-ceo-vergecast-interview-google-assistant-siri-atmo...
Friendly Fanatic

So, any news on Airplay2 Bose?
Just to clarify. I don´t want a date when you are done with code changes?

I want a date to know when you are are going to inform us users what systems will be updated? (See Libratone and Sonos and so on)
Then of course you need time to implement the changes. I am more then willing to wait if I know you are working on it. If you are not even working on it, I would be fair of you to tell me so im not waiting for someting that never comes.

Audible Advocate

We might hear something on Wednesday during the press announcement. If not, than I'm curious where there issue regarding AirPlay 2.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

@sunny2k1 wrote:

We might hear something on Wednesday during the press announcement. If not, than I'm curious where there issue regarding AirPlay 2.

How do you know there is a press announcement?
Audible Advocate

Strident Supporter

@sunny2k1 wrote:

Introduction of the Sleepbuds:

https://www.cnet.com/news/bose-sleepbuds-will-be-officially-introduced-june-20/#

They are anouncing a new product that leaked already anyway. I am not sure why anyone thinks there will be an announcent about airplay 2. I doubt we will hear a thing about it. While I do like my Bose stuff I do not expect that they will ever give me any more that was there the day I bought it. After several years of Bose I have come to see sales tells you yes it is coming. But it never does.