tjthayer
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

@cheplaya wrote:

This was the same announcement as last year, when Airplay 2 was announced. While Sonos has announced a timeline for release, Bose has none.

It's pathetic, actually -- and just goes to show how little Bose has accomplished since the original announcement a year ago.

Chupanibre
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 16, 2016

I‘m totally fine with the update given. Better do it right than rushed. If they really can support most of the existing lineup of WiFi speakers, what‘s to complain about it?

Nonetheless I hope we’ll get more detailed information and a planned schedule in the not so distant future.
Andresdr150
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Palace you have any date for this support???
mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

@Andresdr150 wrote:
Palace you have any date for this support???

I have a feeling this is going to be just like the apple music anouncment they did a few years ago. We are still waiting on that also. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@sunny2k1 wrote:

Introduction of the Sleepbuds:

https://www.cnet.com/news/bose-sleepbuds-will-be-officially-introduced-june-20/#

I take it this was was the bulk of the June 20th announcement...no AirPlay news this day!

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

on the other hand Sonos realsed Airplay 2 today

Highlighted
Scott L.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

@cheplaya wrote:

on the other hand Sonos realsed Airplay 2 today

I hope BOSE will catch up soon. Waiting isn't fun.

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

Bose will make you wait till the end of the year, release it, and then take another year to release a aptch. Soon it will be time for Airplay 3 or flying cars

Andy_K
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

http://www.iClarified.com/66527

Sonos months ahead with release - Sorry to see Bose so slow on Apple support and innovation
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I have been very happy with my SoundTouch setup. Granted I am using Airport Express to get Apple Music into the mix, all the features are working well.

I can turn on my ST speakers from the remotes, my iMac or iOS devices. Tying the speakers together with the built in “play all” feature is very handy. Controlling the volume of one speaker from another speaker is very handy.
Adding AppleTV via HDMI another plus!

While some may consider adding an Airport express via the Aux port a half measure, I have been very happy with the results especially AUX inline rebroadcasting. This feature really opens up the Sound Touch system rounding out the feature set.

While waiting for Airplay 2 and possible Apple Music incorporation into the Sound Touch services is annoying for many, when the Airplay and Apple Music upgrades arrive, I dare say that the SoundTouch line with all its features and good Bose sound is definitely going to be a full feature system comparable to the competition.