Airplay 2 Integration

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

We might be waiting until 2019 if we see AirPlay 2 come to existing SoundTouch speakers, if it even happens at all. BOSE just announced thier new line of products today which had a disclaimer attached that stated AirPlay 2 will come to them in 2019. I wouldn't be surprized to find out that is the same timetable for the SoundTouch 20 I bought earlier this year or AirPlay 2 isn't coming at all now that they have newer products to push. I'm feeling pretty grumpy about this.

Bose Introduces HomePod Competitor With Display for $400, AirPlay 2 Support Coming in 2019

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/08/28/bose-homepod-competitor/

Strident Supporter

I am pretty sure that they are going to sell it promsing that it will get it. But 2019 will turn into 2010 then 2012. 

Bose does not really have a good track record when it comes to delivering on promised features.

@Scott L. wrote:

We might be waiting until 2019 if we see AirPlay 2 come to existing SoundTouch speakers, if it even happens at all. BOSE just announced thier new line of products today which had a disclaimer attached that stated AirPlay 2 will come to them in 2019. I wouldn't be surprized to find out that is the same timetable for the SoundTouch 20 I bought earlier this year or AirPlay 2 isn't coming at all now that they have newer products to push. I'm feeling pretty grumpy about this.

Audible Advocate

Apple’s speakers are looking better and better.
Quiet Contributor

Well since even their newly announced speakers will not have Airplay2 right away on the release day we can safely assume that it will take some time before we have it in olde products. If we have it at all. 

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts.

Airplay 2 will be coming to both SoundTouch and the new Smart Home speakers sometime in 2019. 

We'll communicate this to the community once we have more information.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Right, right.
Noisy Narrator

I wonder if we will see Airplay 2 integration on the Bose products occurring hand and hand with HomeKit and Siri capabilities.

At present we are seeing a bit of Alexa integration but seeing HomeKit and Siri coming into the Bose products would be a plus.
Strident Supporter

It would be nice to have some timeframe such as:

• This year.
  • Next year.
  • When hell freezes over.

My experience is that when a company gives no commitment the capability is far far away in the land of Oz, such as... "We're still trying to hire a software engineer to figure out how our existing code works after the last engineer quit and deleted all of our source code, and then we can look into how AirPlay 2 works and see if we need to hire another engineer for that"...or something like that.

Animated Arbiter

This is pretty horrible considering they announced support for the existing SoundTouch line in 2017 and it's coming "sometime" in 2019. What a load of crap.

Friendly Fanatic

I don’t see much mis information from the group - Though Bose really have done a terrible job in communication- I really think the whole Soundtouch community is looking for 2 simple things

1 A list of SoundTouch products that will support AirPlay 2

2 A release date and plan for AirPlay 2 by device

I really don’t think this is much to ask for and given today’s announcement of Bose Music and Bose Home would hope that you guys would be invigorated and open to keeping loyal customers on board