rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

@tanchoboy wrote:

Many thanks for your comments ST30, I do appreciate them and await BOSE's comments before plunging one way or the other...I am nervous, hence the post.

If you are trying to add (preserve)your older Wave Radio to a SoundTouch Network a wireless link adaptor will do the job. Indeed if you want to add a Smart Home 500 speaker to a SoundTouch network, you can add a wireless link adaptor as well. 

I don’t know if Airplay will be added to the SoundTouch adaptors in 2019. 

Another way you can do this of course is add Airport Express to each speaker. It’s not SoundTouch but you will get Apple Music, iTunes library and your iMac in the game while preserving your Wave radio. Apple’s multiroom is pretty good when using an iMac and Airport Express.

Frankly, sometimes trying to preserve one speaker and combining new standards with adaptors can get very costly, compared to just starting a new. 

Good luck

TCLT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Hi Bose, are you still ignoring us? when is Airplay 2 support coming to soundtouch equipment? the Bose 650 is a 4,000 USD piece of audio equipment. How can you still be 'working on it'? So now a $500 Samsung TV will have Airplay 2 support while we still wait on you to either bother answering conclusively with a timeline or a statement about how you will not support Airplay 2. https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/08/airplay-2-tvs/ 

Hello TCLT,

Thanks for posting. We aren't ignoring you! The information I have available to share is the same as you will find in other threads. We are committed to bringing AirPlay 2 to both our Smart Home speakers and SoundTouch in 2019. That's as specific a timeline as I am able to provide. We do appreciate your patience and look forward to the benefits of integrating one of Apples most popular features.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
sailnavy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

So, 2020 or 2030?

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

So how about doing something you never do and ask development for a timeline. It would be helpful to have some kind of idea. Or is this like Apple music you once said it was coming. That was several years ago and it still is not arived. 

How about some good customer service and get us some kind of answer. Some one at Bose has to have some kind of idea. 

DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Look here:

SoundTouch and Airplay 2

A date has been given, repeatedly. Both in this thread and elsewhere. A good estimate is known, a specific date and precise hour is not.

You can go back and read again, but the short of it is late this year, and only for Bluetooth enabled SoundTouch devices.

AK75
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

This thread and others about airplay 2 are probably the most filled and read. It’s clear Bose community is awaiting this feature.

Rather than communicating as there is an evident need : silence. Except, from time to time, a “later this year”.

Plus, the SoundTouch Products which were Airplay compatible won’t be Airplay 2 compatible. But the SoundTouch products which were not Airplay compatible will be upgraded Airplay 2. So logically Bose. I’ve choosed to buy all my soudtouch for AirPlay compatibility. It never worked as it should (delay for connecting after the track began : from seconds to minutes) and I won’t be eligible... Bose know how to handle customers confidence.
mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

As the website says this

And Apple AirPlay 2 is coming early 2019.

Well it is now early 2019. I think that someone at bose should know when this is going to be released. As it is early 2019 it really should be ready now. But as I have learned with bose what ever thay say really does not mean a lot. It it did not have it when you bought it it probably won't be getting it. 

In fact now it seems if it had it had a feature when you bought it that could alos change. 

I think I am entitled to a better answer. I really don't think we will ever see it. I have been a bose customer you years now. And they have never shown me to add a feature without having to buy a new product. I hope I am wrong. 

TCLT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear that Bose is committed to bringing Airplay 2 to both Smart Home speakers and SoundTouch in 2019. I can't help but wonder, do you plan on bringing that as an update to existing products as well as in new products or just in new products? If you plan to provide an update to existing products do you have a list of products that will get updates to add Airplay 2 support in 2019? 

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

@TCLT- they've said any SoundTouch device that supports Bluetooth will have Airplay 2 support when they release it this year.  Earlier models won't get Airplay 2 support.