Airplay 2 Integration

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

BOSE any update on when this software will be released?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the question.

There's no information on when Airplay 2 will be available.  When there is any info, we will let the community know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

Since months U have no reply.
products like Samsung tv and others have started showing airplay in future products.

U still have no reply. Stop introducing products like ur 200$ glasses. Spend some time working on improving your existing products.

Wistful Whisperer

Hello Joel,

Can you give me an indication when Bose brings Airplay 2 to the existing SoundTouch products?

Kind regards,

Levi

Noisy Narrator

@leviverhoeven wrote:
Hello Joel,

Can you give me an indication when Bose brings Airplay 2 to the existing SoundTouch products?

Kind regards,

Levi

I am looking forward to Air Play 2 integration on my Bose products. Apparently my Samsung TV is scheduled for an Airplay and iTunes update as well. Once those updates arrive I will be saying goodby to my AirPort Express routers and upgrading my network to something like Netgear Orbi. Hopefully Airplay 2 will work better than the original Airplay on Bose products.

Strident Supporter

I have given up waiting on Bose to ever do this. I have already bought 5 homepods. Thats 5 sales bose lost due to not taking care of the customer. 

But I will say it is nice to have a product that does every thing that it promised. 

Strident Supporter

Bose has been clear from the onset that you shoudl expect AirPlay late this year.

I have a HomePod. You will find that the audio is only 60% as good as Bose products. HomePods also don't like bluetooth or auxillairy inputs and they cannot independently play music from Pandora and others. Good luck interfacing the HomePod with your TV Now, if that meets you needs you are fine, but I don't consider the HomePod to be a substitute in terms of price, sound quality, or playing flexibility.

Strident Supporter

Actuall what bose said was early 2019 not late this year. This is copied directly from thier site

Apple AirPlay 2 coming early 2019

But i also don't expect them to come through with it. 

And I have several homepods and I find that they work fine. And every one of my music apps have a apple TV app and will use the homepods. They are every bit as good as the soundtouch products that I have if not better. I have no problems using them with every device I have as I am an apple enviorment. Every thing works with them.

While my TV right now does not work with them it will shortly as soon as the fiirmware is released for my TV. I actuall expect this to happen a lot sooner that bose will release firmware. 

While Bose may be a good product it is something you get knowing up front that if it does not have a feature now it might not ever get it. But they will take away features. Just look at vtuner going away. 

But remember you can always ask for it here and they will notify development for you. Does not mean you will get iy but it will be on the list. 

If i sound a little critical of them it is only because this has been my experience with them. I wish I could say it will be out this year but early 2019 to me is just about over and it is not here. 

Strident Supporter

I agree. I have given up on Bose, and i am waiting to sell my soundtouch, which now noone seems to want. I am moving to Sonos and atleast they are transparent with their deadlines and features. There is barely any difference in sound quality. Another few customers Bose has lost, as I recommended Sonos to a few friends and they all moved away from Bose.

Noisy Narrator

I remain very happy with my Bose products including the SoundTouch line. The sound is still the biggest plus.

I have had Airport Express routers attached to my SoundTouch speakers as as way to get Apple Music into the Bose line. This setup works just fine! In time though I will be happy to just have Airplay directly in the speakers. The same is true for my TV and iTunes 4K movies. I might even look to upgrade to ST 300 in order to drop the Cinemate console and Soundtouch adaptor.

All of these connections have served me well however as time moves on and Bose trims it’s product line I will be happy to have less clutter.

In the meantime I certainly can’t complain about my Bose setup. So much so I just added another ST10 for my wife in the sewing room..nice!

I don’t find the SoundTouch line lacking at all. The software is mature and works well. Sonically I still remain very happy with the ST speakers and the sound bar really pumps out wide dispersive sound.