Airplay 2 Integration

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience regarding Airplay 2 support. We are still awaiting more information regarding Airplay 2 integration and will post an official announcement to the community when we know more.

Regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Buenos días desde España. alguna novedad acerca de AirPlay 2? Ya han pasado 3 meses de este 2019... Compré una soundbar500 y el bass module porque iban a ser compatibles con AirPlay 2 y seguimos sin saber nada... Gracias
Strident Supporter

hmm this sounds excatly like what was said about Apple Music. And still waiting on that anouncment. How many years now?

@Patrick_A wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience regarding Airplay 2 support. We are still awaiting more information regarding Airplay 2 integration and will post an official announcement to the community when we know more.

Regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Having Soundtouch 20 and 2x Soundtouch 10, i will wait to buy a Soundtouch 30 and 10, due to the fact, that Bose is not a serious company i can rely on.

How can even a moderator, a inside employee of Bose, tell us for months that he is awaiting more info and nothing really happens. 

Bose, you are going to loose another relyable customer in a couple of weeks if you don't get your things done finally!

Dr. Sciuk

Silent Starter

What do you mean in 2019? I bought the Soundbar just before xmas because I was expecting airplay 2 in early 2019 so I could use my apple music. Can I return the soundbar so I can get a Sonos?
Audible Advocate

Just to make it clear ... I know I am just one Customer ... but the fact, that there still is no Information regarding Airplay 2 (after almost two years) I just decided to NOT buy me a Lifstyle 650 and switched to another company ...

Guys ... really ... It is not the fact that it lasts for so long ... it is your kind of communication which is a mess!

Give us a specific and reliable date and everything is ok ...

For months now you have been leaving us uncertain about how things will continue and who will benefit from an upgrade and who will not - and this is not the way you should deal with your loyal customers - especially in the premium segment and with your premium pricing ...

I am very disappointed

Noisy Narrator

@Mathaka wrote:

Just to make it clear ... I know I am just one Customer ... but the fact, that there still is no Information regarding Airplay 2 (after almost two years) I just decided to NOT buy me a Lifstyle 650 and switched to another company ...

Guys ... really ... It is not the fact that it lasts for so long ... it is your kind of communication which is a mess!

For months now you have been leaving us uncertain about how things will continue and who will benefit from an upgrade and who will not - and this is not the way you should deal with your loyal customers - especially in the premium segment and with your premium pricing ...

I am very disappointed

Indeed the Airplay and Apple Music thing has been frustrating and disappointing for a lot of customers. To be fair though, Bose has stated that the Airplay firmware update will be avaialbe for SoundTouch BlueTooth models in 2019. There has also been a lot of things happening on the Airplay front at industry level. The latest being the Smart TVs are getting Airplay and iTunes. I don’t know how this fits in with Bose’s Airplay implementation but I am sure they have a lot of variables to deal with. Likewise there are probably a lot of engineering considerations to “get it right.”

I don’t know of any company that gives out more specific details about future upgrade plans. Certainly Apple doesn’t. 

Strident Supporter

@rickatk wrote:

@Mathaka wrote:

I am very disappointed

Indeed the Airplay and Apple Music thing has been frustrating and disappointing for a lot of customers. To be fair though, Bose has stated that the Airplay firmware update will be avaialbe for SoundTouch BlueTooth models in 2019. There has also been a lot of things happening on the Airplay front at industry level. The latest being the Smart TVs are getting Airplay and iTunes. I don’t know how this fits in with Bose’s Airplay implementation but I am sure they have a lot of variables to deal with. Likewise there are probably a lot of engineering considerations to “get it right.”

I don’t know of any company that gives out more specific details about future upgrade plans. Certainly Apple doesn’t. 

Bose said early 2019. That is pretty much over now. They have not updated the sales website it still says early 2019. 

I find it strage that Bose can't really give the customer a little better answer that early 2019. Most every other audio manufacturer has given a better time frame than Bose. 

You are right that apple does not provide details about much. But when they tell you it is coming they are usually correct and tell you when. 

Noisy Narrator

>You are right that apple does not provide details about much. But when they tell you it is coming they are usually correct and tell you when. 

Apple has had their share of delayed launch dates. Home Pod stereo, Air Power and Airplay 2 come to mind. My point in this is that Bose is not the only company that experiences delays in product launches. My experience with Airplay 1 was not partcularilly reliable on SoundTouch, B and W speakers. I gave up and having been using Airplay 1 on Airport Express over 3.5mm with very good success.Things havent gone smoothly over at Sonos with Airplay either. 

Airplay is not easy.

I would rather see a delayed implementation resulting in more stable operation of the standard.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Apple delayed Airplay 2 because they invented it- it needed more time.

Bose is merely implementing airplay 2- not inventing, which should be much easier given the fact Apple is most of the time quite nice with documentation and ease of implementation.

That coupled with the fact that literally every other company in the soundbar business has had airplay 2 for months now, I don't think it's fair to say that Bose is just "perfecting it".

It gives off the assumption that they're not doing anything at all. They've had almost a year since August 2018 to give us some form of an update, and they haven't.

Hell, when even the moderators on this forum are constantly saying that they don't know anything even though they're literally working for the company day in and day out gives us customers not a lot of confidence and makes it seem more like a lie.