tvquang09
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

This will be the last Bose product I bought. I’ll never buy a Bose product again.
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

>No, I have no affiliation with Bose. I'm as upset as any other customer who wants the feature on my 9 pieces of SoundTouch equipment. 

@DavidKovanen  You have a substantial investment in SoundTouch gear which is impressive. I don’t know if you are aware, all you need for Airplay right now is just one Airport Express connected to one of your ST speakers via the Aux port and then you can broadcast to any or all of your other speakers using the multiroom feature. This solution is very stable and has worked quite well for me over the past couple years. There is no guarantee when Airplay will be released for SoundTouch. This solution will get you playing Apple Music right now.

DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

The Soundbar 300 doesn’t have an AUX input, nor do the table radios. The SA-5 amplifiers donhave AUX, and they could work as you suggest.

While this would work for me (assuming I didn’t mind playing audio at all hours in the outside patio) it’s still far too complicated for my wife. She would find it challenging to start up music on her phone, then direct it to an airport express, then go to a Bose device and choose an Aux input and then create a group to include the nearby table radio. Most of the time she uses Bluetooth, although that is also problematic.

The practical, real benefit to her of integrated ApplePlay is simplicity.

Hi all,

We just wanted to jump in to this thread.

While we appreciate your frustration, please be mindful when posting comments within this thread, and ensure that they are in line with our Community Guidelines. The full Community Guidelines can be found HERECalls for lawsuits, firing of employees or other excessively negative comments will be edited or removed.  Repeated violations could result in temporary suspension or permanent removal from the community. 

Warm regards,

Community Admin

Eferraz
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

I agree with you on most part of the response, but Bose needs to be more precise, people are waiting for this since announced in 2018 by Apple 

DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Zombie customer mode now officially enabled...

...I like BOSE...I like Bose...

...Bose is doing everything possible to make me happy..,everything possible...

...I will ignore all previous commitments to deliver AirPlay 2 made by Bose...I will not refer back to any published commitments by Bose...I will not ask Bose for any updates on AirPlay 2...

...I will not ask Bose for any updates or information about AirPlay...

...yes...I am feeling fine now...everything will be OK...

sam234
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

This is an awful and unfortunate response from a Bose representative. It shows a complete, and continued, lack of care for your customers that have genuine and valid frustrations because of promises and assurances that have been made and broken by Bose since June of 2017. To then sign off with 'Warm regards' is inauthentic and insulting.

Robanderson 249
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

When has someone called for lawsuits, firing of employees?  You guys have played a massive part into the frustration of the customers.  If you had answered questions and been with your customers you would be in a different situation. It seems like people are gleaning information out of the very little information and broken promises. Perhaps Bose should look at how they communicate before accusing its customers. 

Highlighted
Andy_K
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

On the back of mine and others frustrations I am going to contact my local U.K. trading standards office and report Bose form mis-selling and FUD.

I have looked back over my 4 year Bose SA4 history of communications and announcements from Bose and am certain that there is a case to be heard from emails describing upcoming Apple Music integration, to coming soon promises from Bose representatives to Airplay 2 announcements and to today.

Bose’s founder started the company on promises to customers and long term support - That is not what Bose is today and I’m willing to test this as a U.K. case

sam234
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I highly doubt Bose is actually working on AirPlay 2 for soundtouch. I’m a software developer myself and know that if this was something they were actually working on it would have been done at least a year ago. To me it’s obvious this is a very low priority for them and they don’t have any software engineers working on this at all right now.