Robanderson 249
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

I think you’re right Sam. 2 posts from yesterday have been deleted because they questioned/challenged Bose and how they threatened us customers for daring to have a view. No doubt this will be deleted. Lol.
Highlighted
spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I find it telling that none of the admins on this site has refuted the statement that AirPlay for SoundTouch was “not guaranteed.”  It seems to indicate a shift in messaging from Bose, and not a positive shift. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@DavidKovanen wrote:

The Soundbar 300 doesn’t have an AUX input, nor do the table radios. The SA-5 amplifiers donhave AUX, and they could work as you suggest.

The Sound Touch Wave and 10!20, and 30 speakers all have aux input, as far as I can tell.

While this would work for me (assuming I didn’t mind playing audio at all hours in the outside patio) it’s still far too complicated for my wife.

Each and every speaker would be selectable so you wouldn’t have to just rely on “play all”.

She would find it challenging to start up music on her phone, then direct it to an airport express, then go to a Bose device and choose an Aux input and then create a group to include the nearby table radio. Most of the time she uses Bluetooth, although that is also problematic.

Agreed, I have to be mindful of the same issue. My wife pointed out to me, quite accurately, the other day that every tv and speaker in our house has something different going on. She was referring to my TV with built in Airplay and iTunes, Apple TVs and cable tuners. Not to mention SoundTouch, Solo and BlueTooth speakers, all connected to different TVs or iPads.

The practical, real benefit to her of integrated ApplePlay is simplicity.

That was the gist of my earlier post. Even though I have Airport Express routers, built in Airplay on Bose speakers and indeed TVs would be a lot simpler to play content.

sciuk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

I tried it for my Soundtouch speaker i have, but i recognized seconds of lag between those connected speaker. So you can connect one speaker with airport express, but not for multiroom experience and that is what most bose customers go for or are waiting for with the airplay2 update.

jsquires1990
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

WOW

Over 80,000 views on this thread and over 20,000 on a similar thread.

Can you really ignore any longer @Joel_D ?

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

They don't ignore us. After all they always tell us they will pass it to development. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@sciuk wrote:

I tried it for my Soundtouch speaker i have, but i recognized seconds of lag between those connected speaker. So you can connect one speaker with airport express, but not for multiroom experience and that is what most bose customers go for or are waiting for with the airplay2 update.

Hmmm

I haven’t experienced any lag using aux input, Airport Express and SoundTouch . I did encounter lag with AirPort Express, Airplay 2 and my MAC. That was a few months ago when Airplay 2 was released for iOS.

I will re test and see what happens.

spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I see another update for SoundTouch started rolling out May 29, nearly 2 years since announcing AirPlay compatibility, with still no mention of AirPlay.  

Bose sure seems “committed” to bringing AirPlay to SoundTouch. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@spudohio wrote:

I see another update for SoundTouch started rolling out May 29, nearly 2 years since announcing AirPlay compatibility, with still no mention of AirPlay.  

Bose sure seems “committed” to bringing AirPlay to SoundTouch. 

Seems to me that the recent spate of SoundTouch updates:

a. Confirms Bose’s continued support for the SoundTouch line.

b. Is quite likely building a stable foundation in SoundTouch for Airplay 2.

I am advised by audio professionals and Apple software developers that “Airplay is not easy.” Further, previous versions of Airplay did not work well on SoundTouch. I like to think Bose is, by rolling out sequential updates, readying SoundTouch for Airplay 2 and is doing so in a manner that they get it right!

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

If thats the case, why isnt Bose saying so directly?

And if Airplay 2 is so complicated, how did SONOS release it last yeaR? How come smart Tvs are able to implement it? DOes this mean BOse has imcompetent empluees, or are they just concentrating on new line of speakers? So many questions, and hence I am not going to buy any more Bose products