rajzz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Thanks for the response Hector.

I am perfectly OK with the wait. All I need is confirmation from Bose that the sountouch equipment I have will eventually have a software upgrade to have Airplay/Airplay 2 available on them.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Please keep in mind that they once said this about Apple music. We still don't have that and i don't think we ever will. Can't be to hard if other companies have done it. 

But i am not expecting airplay 2 from Bose. Only if you are willing to but into thiert new lins of speakers. Me I am not ready to but any more Bose till they deliver on promises they have already made. 

Not all they ever say is yes but we don't know when. Not going over 2 years. Don't they know how to do it. Or even say we can't?

Matt-c
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

My SoundTouch 20 has Always had AirPlay?

It’s just AirPlay2 that’s lacking
rajzz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

The ones that were released last year do not have Airplay either.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@rajzz wrote:

Thanks for the response Hector.

I am perfectly OK with the wait. All I need is confirmation from Bose that the sountouch equipment I have will eventually have a software upgrade to have Airplay/Airplay 2 available on them.

Bose and the forum moderators (Bose Employees) have indicated many times Airplay will be added to the SoundTouch line. Granted they are taking their time about it, but Bose is on record about Airplay. I don’t know how much more they can confirm this until the day the update becomes aviailable.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@mpf541 wrote:

Please keep in mind that they once said this about Apple music. We still don't have that and i don't think we ever will. Can't be to hard if other companies have done it. 

But i am not expecting airplay 2 from Bose. Only if you are willing to but into thiert new lins of speakers. Me I am not ready to but any more Bose till they deliver on promises they have already made. 

Not all they ever say is yes but we don't know when. Not going over 2 years. Don't they know how to do it. Or even say we can't?

I don’t recall Bose ever committing to Apple Music...only Airplay.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Matt-c wrote:
My SoundTouch 20 has Always had AirPlay?

It’s just AirPlay2 that’s lacking

All Sound Touch series 3 speakers, including ST20 were released without Airplay. The reason cited by Bose was that Airplay did not support multiroom play, something that SoundTouch was designed to do. Chances are your SoundTouch 20 may not support the Airplay 2 protocol. Apparently Airplay 2 will only be installed on SoundTouch speakers and adaptors with BlueTooth.

@Moderator @Gregg_B provided a good explanation here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-20-and-Airplay-2/td-p/146586

Matt-c
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

I don’t use it anymore as moved to Sonos systems now due to lack of integration.

Still have my Bose 700 sound bar though
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Matt-c wrote:
I don’t use it anymore as moved to Sonos systems now due to lack of integration.

Still have my Bose 700 sound bar though

There is no taking away from Sonos, they have done multiroom speaker integration very well. Likewise though, I have 2 ST30’s an ST 10 and a Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch adaptor and Airport Express or Apple TV addons for Airplay integration. Everything works very well, is very stable and sounds exceptional. I couldn’t be happier with the Bose SoundTouch products. If Airplay is reintroduced to SoundTouch, well that will be a bonus.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

@rickatk wrote:

@mpf541 wrote:

I don’t recall Bose ever committing to Apple Music...only Airplay.

They did say years ago that they were working on it. They even have a product manager say that. But I have come to beleive that with bose if it does not have it now you can be pretty sure it never will.

I do really hope that they do get it. But as I am slowly replacing all my old outdated tech with stuff that works as I like it to I wonder it i will have any bose equipment left. At least there are still people out there that beleive that Bose said it will happen. They are the ones buying all my old bose equipment.