Xyz987
Gabby Guru
  • 236
  • 1808
  • 54
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

As I said, you can complain and cry or you can do something about it.  I now have 2 ways to stream Tidal and Qobuz to my Bose Soundtouch 300 using Airplay.  I can use my Apple TV 4K or Oppo 203.  I just started a 60 day trial of Roon today.

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
  • 236
  • 1808
  • 54
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300


@cheplaya wrote:

dropped it to 50% and it still wont. Maynbe you would like to buy it off me

 

Nope, don't need two of them.  My next purchase will be a non-Bose high-def receiver and speakers.  My Bose will be relegated to TV, DVD's, and Netflix only.


 

richjn
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 8
  • 0
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

I dropped mine to 30% before I gave up!

The only part of this whole Bose ownership experience that gives me any comfort is the hope that Bose will pay the price for not being honest with their customers when they go bust.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
  • 203
  • 1031
  • 19
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300


@Xyz987 wrote:

As I said, you can complain and cry or you can do something about it.  I now have 2 ways to stream Tidal and Qobuz to my Bose Soundtouch 300 using Airplay.  I can use my Apple TV 4K or Oppo 203.  I just started a 60 day trial of Roon today.


 

@Xyz987 You are quickly becoming the streaming service Uber tester. 5 stars!

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
  • 236
  • 1808
  • 54
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300


@rickatk wrote:

@Xyz987 wrote:

As I said, you can complain and cry or you can do something about it.  I now have 2 ways to stream Tidal and Qobuz to my Bose Soundtouch 300 using Airplay.  I can use my Apple TV 4K or Oppo 203.  I just started a 60 day trial of Roon today.


 

@Xyz987 You are quickly becoming the streaming service Uber tester. 5 stars!


 

Roon from my Dell laptop to Oppo 203 via Airplay 2 works very well.  Of course, still limited to 96/24 because of the Bose Soundtouch 300 DAC.  Roon does the first MQA unfold, so that works also, but not the full unfold.  That will required a different sound system than the Bose.  There is no reason to Airplay to Apple TV 4K because that will get down converted to 48/16 by the Apple.

 

EDIT:  Actually Roon doesn't use Airplay as their primary transport technology.  They use a proprietary technology called RAAT.

 

https://kb.roonlabs.com/RAAT

 

 

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
  • 40
  • 57
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

You are right. I chose to complain what was promised and will do so. You can either keep replying or ignore it, It is your choice.

hdow
Friendly Fanatic
  • 9
  • 53
  • 0
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

You might not want to spend the money, but to the extent that what you want to do is just listen to music on your Onkyo speakers and your ST 30 at the same time, you might consider buying the Bose Link to connect to the Onkyo. It has a feature which would let you to adjust the audio sync with the ST 30on the Onkyo speakers. 

Azzaman
Quiet Contributor
  • 1
  • 8
  • 0
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

Hi there,

 

Yep I did look into that piece of equipment but sort of wanted to keep using itunes. Also though using airplay 2 on the onkyo and the ST30 there is really a wide variety missmatch in the music from the two systems. One song will be pretty close and the next song is asynchronous to a larger degree which even with adjustable sync option might not be a great solution. This is not really a massive issue but was really hoping the airplay 2 would be able to give me multi room sound but with some over lap of the sound. I have bought second hand an airport express what I will connect to the onkyo and run with that (and about 1/5 of the price of the Bose Link. Next question through. Do I go for the Sonon move or the new Bose Portable Speaker.  

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
  • 203
  • 1031
  • 19
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300


@Azzaman wrote:

Hi there,

 

Yep I did look into that piece of equipment but sort of wanted to keep using itunes. Also though using airplay 2 on the onkyo and the ST30 there is really a wide variety missmatch in the music from the two systems. One song will be pretty close and the next song is asynchronous to a larger degree which even with adjustable sync option might not be a great solution. This is not really a massive issue but was really hoping the airplay 2 would be able to give me multi room sound but with some over lap of the sound. I have bought second hand an airport express what I will connect to the onkyo and run with that (and about 1/5 of the price of the Bose Link. Next question through. Do I go for the Sonon move or the new Bose Portable Speaker.  


 

Dissapointing you are having a sync problem with your Onkyo receiver (built in Airplay)and ST 30. Hopefully the built in Airplay won’t continue to be the source of the lag.

 

Where are you getting your Apple Music source from? An iOS or macOS device?

 

Have you checked to see if there is an update from Apple/Onkyo for your receiver. In my experience I found Airplay 2 over Airport Express had a few issues including a slight delay. SoundTouch did not have those delays. The Airport Express update may clear that up.

 

If you already have SoundTouch gear why not continue to build on that platform? 

Msmith
Quiet Contributor
  • 0
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

Well I was checking the Apple Home Accessories web site and I just notices that Bose Home Speaker 300 and 500 listed plus the Bose Soundbar 500 and 700, not that I own any of these units, I do have a large investment in the Bose SoundTouch line. One can only hope that the SoundTouch line of products will be next for Airplay 2, now that the new hardware is certified.