Highlighted
Tim H
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

'm throwing in the towel on the Soundtouch speakers.  Apple HomePods went on sale for a good price so I picked up a pair.  I set them up and did a side by side comparison with a pair of Soundtouch 30's.  Granted, the Bose sound good, but the Hompods sound excellent as well.  I'm selling my Soundtouch 30's.  By the way, the HomePod speaker is, with the sale price, 300 dollars cheaper than the Soundtouch 30.

Whenever there was an update to the Soundtouch software, my Mac computer would not install it.  Turning of my antivirus, etc. had no effect.  The software never would never load.  I would have to delete the Soundtouch app from computer and download the new version from Bose.  And with the latest version, Soundtouch can no longer read my iTunes music library.

Also, whenever I used the Soundtouch app to turn on my speakers, more often than not, one of my speakers could not be found.  I would have to power cycle the speaker in order to have the app locate it..

Bose has a great sound, but they are not the only fish in the sea.  Maybe if they could hire someone to straighten out the programming problems, a lot of customers would be happy.  Myself, I'm tired of messing with the their product and have moved on.

Highlighted
Kent A
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2015

Ok, 15 days left of2019, the year Bose promised the AirPlay2 integration to be rolled out... 

when will the announcement come?

Highlighted
Msmith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I agree, is this going to happen in 2019, they're re a lot of people who are waiting Bose???

matrix06
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Selling my Soundtouch 300 and AM700. Couple of reasons.

a) Adaptiq always messes the bass response on AM700, makes it in-audible to ears most of the time.

b) No Airplay2 yet after months of promise.

Just bought a couple of sonos one, and the day Sonos release their new Playbar, my bose would be out.

Highlighted
NoseBose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Seems like this ain’t happening in 2019

Highlighted
tvquang09
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

You were right! It is now almost 2020!

Highlighted
cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

You all are crazy thinking Bose will deliver on Airplay 2. They simply dont care.

Highlighted
Msmith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I guess we have to wait until sometime in 2020. I am not sure but Bose must be using the same calendar that Elon Musk used for Tesla production dates.

With the end of this decade days away and a new one on the horizon maybe Bose will be able to get the code out before the end of the 20's, I will not have my Soundtouch products that long but I guess some people will.

Highlighted
matrix06
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

I just bought a pair of Sonos one as they were on sale. I can airplay to both. I was looking for the bose surround speakers, but for the price they offer nothing. So now I have two Sonos One, ST300 and AM700. I know its a mixed setup, but I slowly plan to replace my Bose with Sonos products. So this is just a beginning.

Highlighted
Lumpo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I'm not sure if Bose has added Airplay @ integration but, I just loaded ITunes Remote app and I can now play ITunes across by all my old SoundTouch units, In the ITunes remote app all the Bose units as well as my Apple Tv's and AirPort Express and even my Denon AVR (that does not support airplay 2) show as playable and they all work!! Granted its only Itunes but at least I can stream music across all of the devices at the same time...