Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Hi David,

We plan to both continue supporting the SoundTouch application and compatible products in the future, and delivering AirPlay 2 to current SoundTouch models sometime in 2019.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Joel, I’m unsure about your response as Bose don’t seem to have publicly announced formal support and the models supported and as I’ve been tricked by this over a few years unfortunately remain sceptical

Couple of questions
1 is the SA4 considered current and will it be considered current in 2019

2 The date you mention seems to have changed from other informal dates mentioned by other moderators on the forum from Dec 18 to 2019 - That could be a very big slip if it’s Dec 2019 - Is it Jan or Dec 19 ??

Appreciate your help clarifying

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Andy_K,

I completely understand you wanting to know specifics for systems and a date range. This is the only information that is available right now and we'll absolutely let everyone know once we have more details. 

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

The problem is there is never any info available. When will you guys learn how to take care of your customers.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

So, basically no real plan. If the information for which systems will be supported doesn't exist, why are you saying anything? How could Bose possibly not know what the plan is?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

I've been in software development for close to 30 years now. I can only hope the team at Bose are not as incompetent as they'd lead us to believe.

Any successful project has a plan. Any successful business runs on a series of plans. Plans have timelines and deadlines. Is there really not a single project manager working at Bose?

Or is that really how this company is run? People just wander in to the office at random times and work on whichever project strikes their interest on that day? And each project is completed "whenever", if ever?

While that is certainly the public appearance, it can't possibly be the case. No company would survive under such incompetent leadership. Please stop treating your customers as fools, we really aren't that stupid. You're building animosity toward your brand, not loyalty - and your competition is rapidly gaining on your product line.

I think we all understand that target dates and deadlines are sometimes missed, especially in software and hardware development. Nobody is ever happy when that happens, neither the customer or the employees, but we get that it happens. But the lack of respect I've seen from Bose toward their customers is unlike anything I've seen from any company in a competitive marketplace.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

"This is the only information that is available right now"

Is this is the only information you're willing to release right now, or do the developers not have a plan?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

Thanks Joel. Sorry for being a bit impertinent: Thank you for stating „2019“... Cool, you are releasing Airplay 2 support for „current products“ (whatever that means), sometime 2019 (whatever that means). So basically 15 months until you release something and maybe customers wait 15 months and will then be aware that their system is not meant as „current“.

I have currently two SoundTouch 20 II (had series I before that), have two SoundTouch 10 (Ii) and have a SoundTouch 300 incl. Sub and Satelites. Which of these are „current“ from Bose‘s point of view? Do you mean current = current on the market or current when the AirPlay 2 support is released?

I loose respect for Bose, really. I won’t buy a Sonos, but there are other alternatives!

In a fair world, Bose would release support for all SoundTouch devices until March 2019. Bose would do a good job being more transparent. You need to put some pressure on your competition.

Kind regards
Miller
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Miller,

I can certainly look into what is considered "current systems" for clarification. The information that I have available is what is available through the press release and the FAQ's that are available to everyone. 

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please share also Weblinks if available? I can’t find any published models.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
miller