Plasmanut
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: AIRPLAY2

@Kent A wrote:

And now the AirPlay 2 protocol has been cracked and can be found on GitHub.. Seems as getting a raspberry pi and install it There Will befastest and easiest Way to get AirPlay 2 to my Bose speakers.

Embarresing Bose, It should be an easy fix to imlement it with a software update, it has never been more than a 3month project not 3years. And now with the Code on GitHub its a minor Christmas project for anyone.

Just saw that too this morning:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/airplay-2-crack/

It is EXTREMELY embarrassing that this happens 2.5 years after Bose allegedly started working on this. I still cannot believe how poor Bose software is. 

On the bright side, I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi LOL. 

davidmelis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Bose again gave reassurance just last week that AirPlay 2 is still coming for SoundTouch (see screenshot).  I also have been patiently waiting for years yet It will be worth it!  

37C4ED39-D058-4CFE-8A23-7269017F1400.png

tvquang09
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

They have been saying it’s coming in the “future” all those years.

Azzaman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

To be honest, I have updated my receiver in the lounge and the Sound Touch in the kitchen with an airport express with Airplay 2 and recently purchased a Sonos Move. With my set up, Airplay 2 DOESN'T do a good job a syncing the music over the multiple speakers. From the reading I have done this could be because of how the speakers process the music. The sync also varies from song to song. Pretty hopeless in my current set up as the sound overlaps from each speaker. If it was for completely separate areas it wouldn't matter but its not, so Airplay 2 (for me) is a bit of a dud anyway. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Azzaman wrote:

To be honest, I have updated my receiver in the lounge and the Sound Touch in the kitchen with an airport express with Airplay 2 and recently purchased a Sonos Move. With my set up, Airplay 2 DOESN'T do a good job a syncing the music over the multiple speakers. From the reading I have done this could be because of how the speakers process the music. The sync also varies from song to song. Pretty hopeless in my current set up as the sound overlaps from each speaker. If it was for completely separate areas it wouldn't matter but its not, so Airplay 2 (for me) is a bit of a dud anyway. 

To be fair you are mixing SoundTouch, Airplay and Sonos. I am not surprised there are sync issues. I agree, Airplay doesn’t do multi room as well as SoundTouch in my experience.

SoundTouch 30 x2 with AirPort express routers

Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch adaptor and Apple TV

SoundTouch 10

Airplay: slight delay

SoundTouch Play All: Rock solid!

Azzaman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Let’s forget about the receiver with the airport express with AirPort 2. Are you suggesting because I have the a Bose and Sonos this would be causing the delay? (both with AirPlay 2). A quick google and you’ll find plenty of people with sync issues, even with the same brand. Any info on how to fix it without the purchasing of Link Adaptor or buying Bose would be greatly appreciated. 

JJDynamite6
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Airplay 2

Hi, 

I know this isn't exactly a new topic, but I get lost in the threads.  Do you know when Airplay 2 will be coming to the soundtouch devices(10 and 300)?

Thanks for your help.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Azzaman wrote:

Let’s forget about the receiver with the airport express with AirPort 2. Are you suggesting because I have the a Bose and Sonos this would be causing the delay? (both with AirPlay 2). A quick google and you’ll find plenty of people with sync issues, even with the same brand. Any info on how to fix it without the purchasing of Link Adaptor or buying Bose would be greatly appreciated. 

I am suggesting Airplay has the delay. What I find works better is an AirPort Express plugged into a SoundTouch device via Aix input then use SoundTouch multiroom to bring together your other speakers. 

I have no experience with Sonos and Airplay but I suspect there will be a slight delay there too.

GEORGzer
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

@lw9090 wrote:
Knowing Bose it will never happen or be in 2020.

Might have been spot on 😂

Tohuwabohu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

As we will never See AirPlay 2 and apple music i have just sold my 5 SoundTouchs. Never again Bose.