dsheehan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Hi Joel, any updates or an estimation of when Bose will clarify an announcement on Airplay 2 for legacy Soundtouch products?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi dsheehan,

Thanks for the question.  

There is no release date or timeline currently available for Airplay 2.  As soon as we hear any information, we will update the community.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

This is just what I expected. No answer  form Bose but i bet they have new hardware soon that it works on

gonzalohb
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

We understood your answer but we only ask what models will be compatible, we know you are working on it, but you know the models will not receive the update, so all we want it’s a honest answer.
ConstantinoM
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 5, 2018

After reading through this forum, I’ve decided to sell my Bose SoundTouch System. The lack of response from Bose leads me to believe that the current SoundTouch speakers will not be supporting AirPlay 2. The least they could do is provide a brief statement on what models are going to support the update. The timeline of the release is the least of my concerns.
Tohuwabohu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

No usefull answer from bose. No one knows anything

gajadhar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

In the last year I have invested in the Soundtouch SA-5 Amp with Bose 251 outdoor speakers and Soundbar 300 with base module with the promise that the WiFi support (airplay 2 update) would soon come. I currently use the Sountouch app with bluetooth only since I get no great benefit from the current wifi features. I am beginning to think that I was mislead by a Bose salesperson with a false promise, especially now based on the lack of information and communication on which devices are going to be supported. I am now becoming more willing to sell my fairly new devices in order to switch to an airplay 2 supported product such as Sonos as my entire home ecosystem is apple.

iSchorsch
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Come on guys! Give Bose a break! They have answered already, that they will be supporting AirPlay2. The most current line is SoundTouch. Why should they NOT support it? Think positiv!

The reason they are not talking about features or such is propably an NDA from Apple.

Look over to SONOS, they are very quite as well about features and supported models and such. All the other players as well.

I'm quite sure Apple will reveal some information on wwdc aka 6/4/2018. Just stay tuned, relax and enjoy your music!

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

@iSchorsch wrote:

Come on guys! Give Bose a break! They have answered already, that they will be supporting AirPlay2. The most current line is SoundTouch. Why should they NOT support it? Think positiv!

Bose also said once that they would support Apple Music What they say and what they actaully do are different.

WST2016
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

I just bought a SoundTouch 30 because a moderator on these threads said you were bringing Airplay 2 to your old range. I can return it now but leave it any longer the store won’t take it. Have things changed? Your SoundTouch App on PC is really average so am pretty keen on Airplay 2 to play Apple Music on my nose speakers. Should we stop buying them/return them? Will you refund if you decide not to support AirPlay 2 in your old range? Sonos is looking good just about now.