jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

@Azzaman wrote:

Just wondering if the moderators can chime in again to reassume the BOSE Community that it's still in the pipeline that the Soundtouch lineup will get Airplay 2. I am looking into purchasing a second hand Airport Express but will hold off if the ST line will be updated at "some point". 

Thanks

Why don't you go ahead and purchase the Airport Express?  How much could it cost anyway?

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

why would anyone buy something for a feature that was promised by Bose 2 years ago. He has every right to know. 

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@cheplaya wrote:

why would anyone buy something for a feature that was promised by Bose 2 years ago. He has every right to know. 

Because if you really want/need Airplay, you do whatever you need to do to get it.  Otherwise, you must not really want/need it.

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

I also want what Bose promised 2 years ago. I cant do anything if people are all talk and no action. I am also waiting for someone to buyt my stuff so that I can move to Sonos. And noone wants to buy it without airplay

slicksurf
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

I'm fairly disappointed in Bose too. Soundtouch 300 was sold to me as a great sounding "smart" speaker which will get lots of new features. In the 2 1/2 years I've had it we've really not had much in terms on "smart" features at all. Its a still a great sounding soundbar, but thats it and its price should have reflected that. So for me, its not just the lack of Airplay 2 thats disappointing its the genral feeling of sold something that hasn't lived up to what was promised. Tried a trade in for my speaker with Bose and offered £50 as its out of warrenty, at the very least they should offer a realistic trade in scheme so we can upgrade to a system that maybe supported longer than its warrenty....

It's very hard to recommend Bose given that lack of support and how Sonos is expanding their range, parterning with ikea and expanding features and yet remain compatible with each other. 

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Everyone who has purchased SoundTouch equipment after Bose's original AirPlay 2 announcement back in 2017 has already bought and paid for this still undelivered feature.  I guess we are supposed to think that if we don't go and shell out even more money for Airport Express routers, or don't sell our SoundTouch speakers and replace them with something else, probably at a loss, then a) somehow we are not entitled to the AirPlay 2 feature that we already paid for and b) we must not really want or need AirPlay 2.  The former is plainly absurd and the latter is utterly irrelevant.

Plasmanut
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

@jimgfitz wrote:

@cheplaya wrote:

Because if you really want/need Airplay, you do whatever you need to do to get it.  Otherwise, you must not really want/need it.

iOS 13 is coming out next week with a bunch of new features on it. IPhone 11 pre-orders start tomorrow. If you were the owner of a 5-year iPhone and bought iPhone 11 and then Apple said in a week you're not getting the new Map features promised in iOS 13, would you be OK with us telling you to download Google maps? And in 18 months, if Apple still had not delivered on that promise, would you be wrong in still asking for it?

Azzaman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Hi there, actually I already have a airport express connected to my soundtouch 30 which works BUT i also have an apple TV connected to a 2017 Onkyo amp that has airplay and seems that it wont be updated to Airplay 2 (sadly). I would rather my amp connected to my MBP to the onkyp amp via an airport express and not through the apple TV so i can still watch tv and listen to music (yes I can connect my apple TV directly the amp but dont really want to do this).

Having said all this, the airplay 2 for multi room (apple TV to onkyo amp and Soundtouch 30 with airport express) is pretty useless for music sync, which probably is the amp processing the audio from what I have read.

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@cheplaya wrote:

I also want what Bose promised 2 years ago. I cant do anything if people are all talk and no action. I am also waiting for someone to buyt my stuff so that I can move to Sonos. And noone wants to buy it without airplay

List it on eBay with a fair price and it will sell.

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

dropped it to 50% and it still wont. Maynbe you would like to buy it off me