jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Airplay 2 Soundtouch 300

Don't count on it.  People have been waiting for years.

Azzaman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

I am using iTunes from my laptop and have all firmware updated to the current versions so suspect it is the Onkyo causing the issue.

I will purchase the mobile speaker (Bose or Sonos) on each speakers merits as both have Airplay 2. There would be an argument to continue with the Bose if I was using the SoundTouch app to play the music which I don't so pretty much free to purchase anything Airplay 2 enabled (unless there is something I am missing?). 

Unless the moderators are no longer checking this thread with all the negative comments about "the promise", I can only feel like Airplay 2 won't be making its way to my Soundtouch 30 as they have been silent for some time now with no reassurances it is going to happen!!

Msmith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I understand the frustration with the response from Bose on the deployment of AirPlay 2, I have been reading this community for years now. I maybe a little optimistic but I still dream of the SoundTouch platform being controlled by Siri.

I guess I will have to wait and see, as we still have 3.5 months before we 2019 ends.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Msmith wrote:

I understand the frustration with the response from Bose on the deployment of AirPlay 2, I have been reading this community for years now. I maybe a little optimistic but I still dream of the SoundTouch platform being controlled by Siri.

I guess I will have to wait and see, as we still have 3.5 months before we 2019 ends.

As time goes on Airplay for SoundTouch seems less likely. Further,  I don’t believe Siri for SoundTouch was ever on the product development books.

OrangeCrush
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

Please provide an official update on this feature and a REAL expected date.  Like others, I have lost patience.  If you are not going to support it then make an official statement as such so those of us who have been hanging in limbo can move on.

bonfireman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

I just got off the phone with a Bose tech available at 800-905-2156.  He said that there is a software update being worked on that will enable the SA5 to do airplay over a network.  This is fantastic.  He also indicated that the software update will be pushed out through the Sound Touch app.  I am considering purchasing another SA5 for my daughter, who desires the ability to play music off her phone directly through the home network, or go for another brand that already will.  Bluetooth has much much too little range.  The airplay will be great.  I will only purchase if the tech was right.  Was he?  When will the upgrade roll out?

BTW, this is a necessary upgrade.  If you read the reviews around the web on the SA5, this lack of ability is the main criticism of the unit, and it's correctable!

The operative questions are :

1. Will there be a software upgrade that will allow the playing of music off a cell phone directly through a home wireless network?
  2. Roughly, when will it be available?

John

Gangi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Thanks. So can you tell us when we will get an airplay2 on soundtouch? Bose promised it 2 years ago. And a second one, did bose deleted a post with AirPlay phrase from community? I cant find it. If you have no answer, can you send me your boss e-mail address? I want to return my soundtouch stuff because you lied US 😞

Gangi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Hi. We need a answer. Will airplay2 be implemented to soundtouch or no? Mód on your Facebook wrote me that he dont know Anything about AirPlay on st speakers, so i can imagine that airplay2 will never come. 

short answer. If no, what you can offer us, case refund or upradge to bose smart speakers? You promised US airplay2 two years ago. What is the problem to make it? Sonos can made it, so you can make it too!

mstrathmore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/markstrathmore/status/1179571723445796864?s=20

Will continue to do so on Social media to draw attention to this issue.

Plasmanut
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Great job with that tweet. I think I’m going to prepare a little synopsis of what happened (or rather didn’t) since Bose made the announcement and email it to tech blogs or tech news sites and see if anyone is interested in picking up the story.