mcgrathj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

AIRPLAY2

Bose - will you please answer the question if Airplay2 is real for Sountouch owners? - this has been absolutely horrible customer service. If it's not real we should be told, instead of waisting time waiting for nothing from what I thought was the best speaker company - I'll gladly move on to Sonos & HomePod and cut my losses with Bose

Andrew_O
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Re: AIRPLAY2

absolutely agree with that!! Tell the truth instead of do nothing...

TCLT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Yes Bose. Please just come out and tell us the truth. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@mcgrathj wrote:

Bose - will you please answer the question if Airplay2 is real for Sountouch owners? - this has been absolutely horrible customer service. If it's not real we should be told, instead of waisting time waiting for nothing from what I thought was the best speaker company - I'll gladly move on to Sonos & HomePod and cut my losses with Bose

To add to the SoundTouch dilemma now there is the issue of Apple dropping the XML export feature, rendering iTunes libraries unexportable to devices like SoundTouch. In fact there doesn’t appear to be an iTunes library in Apple Music. This is all part of Apple realigning their music services. I imagine these changes over at Apple make for a real challenge for developers like Bose just trying to keep up with the changes. 

Bose has stated their official position on Airplay and iTunes XML. As a consumer if you are not happy with the speed at which Bose is taking, move on, you will feel better. In the meantime there are a few options to access Apple Music on SoundTouch such as BlueTooth or AirPort Express. 

I am sure if Bose has abandoned their efforts on Airplay for SoundTouch they will notify their customers in due course. 

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

It is hopeless. Bose refuses information to the customer and does not seem to fix the compatibility issues. I will return my BOSE devices to my dealer.

Mikek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Wow. Over a month not a single post in this topic. Seems like noone really believes that this is happening anymore.

ThEnder
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

Basic features like multi-room audio and the single speaker connections still don't work properly. They have created a new product line that is not compatible with ST speakers. You really think that AirPlay2 will ever happen?

Based on the incredibly poor support Bose has provided, I will never purchase another Bose product again, and I advise my friends and family to do the same.