Airplay 2 and music services

Animated Arbiter

Airplay 2 and music services

Any plans of catching up with even 25% of Sonos features or just go at your own dinosaur pace?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/11/17559380/sonos-airplay-2-support-software-update-download

Sonos.JPGSonos Music Services

5 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Airplay 2 and music services

dinosaur

Audible Advocate

dinosaur!!!!
No update or information!! absolutely nothing...!!!
Vocal Volunteer

I don't get the secrecy.  Take Airplay 2 for instance.  If the competition were to learn that Bose is working on Airplay 2, they might start working on it too?  If the competition were to learn when Bose was planning to release it, they might beat Bose to market?  Maybe, Bose, you haven't noticed, but the competition is clobbering you despite all the secrecy, and meanwhile, the secrecy is pissing off your customers. 

Here's an idea, Bose.  Tell the competition what you're doing.  Heck, even tell them how you're doing it.  If they actually try to copy you, they'd probably cripple their own company.  You apparently have no interest in a) fixing basic shortcomings of this product, including addressing fundamental flaws and lack of basic features or b) even pretending to try to compete with the competition on a feature or music services level.  While I can't imagine why you'd do this to yourselves, tricking your enemy into doing this sounds like a heck of a strategy to me.        

Audible Advocate

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

I agree. This is how big companies usually lost in the game with startups. They never learn the lessons. They always think they are too big to fail. They are slow to adapt. They don’t care about what customers want.

Hey Bose, today, people not only want a good sound system, but also demand newest technology promptly in their sound system. If you don’t want learn this lesson, we will jump the ship within a year during the holiday season. Nowaday, people will sacrifice a bit of sound quality and brand loyalty to get much better technology. We are more loyal to technology than to brand now. Look at Toyota as an example.

I’m waiting for dolby atmos from sono then buy it and sell my ST300