rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Airplay 2 is nice but Apple Music would be better

Good to hear Airplay 2 is rolling out on Bose Smart speaker products. Hopefully it will work well and as good as using an AirPort Express via Aux connection has for me over the past few years.

Apple has built a whole ecosystem around Apple Music and ITunes accessibly over peripheral routers such as Airport Express and Apple TV. Apple now seems to be taking it one step further baking Apple Music and iTunes right into TVs and speakers.

If this latest strategy is a way for Apple to get out of the Apple TV market, as they did with wifi routers remain to be seem.  It does seem though Apple is becoming more focused on services and  and is very focused on providing content via Apple Music and iTunes movie rentals and tv subscriptions. By putting iTunes and Apple Music right in the various manufacturers hardware there is little need for low profit devices like Apple TV. Making Airplay perhaps a little redundant as well. 

Hopefully Bose with see the value in finishing out the Airplay builds for SoundTouch but focus on getting Apple Music built right into the Smart Home (Smart and SoundTouch) speakers.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Airplay 2 is nice but Apple Music would be better

Hello Rickatk,

Thanks for posting in the community, I would be happy to put adding Apple Music on SoundTouch speakers as a feature request to our development team.

Should you need anything do not hesitate to get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe  C 

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Re: Airplay 2 is nice but Apple Music would be better

I would not expect anything to come from this. They said the same thing when Apple Music was announced. This is what they tell us for every thing that gets asked for. Its just they never do any thing for what gets asked for

Tohuwabohu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Any news on Apple Music?

Are there any news - are you working on it?

Community Manager

Re: Any news on Apple Music?

Hi Tohuwabohu,

Thanks for your interest in Apple Music integration with SoundTouch speakers. We currently have no news to share regarding this, but once Airplay 2 support is available for SoundTouch speakers you will be able to wirelessly stream your Apple Music content to your SoundTouch speakers. We know the Community has been patiently awaiting this functionality, and we'll share when we have any additional news regarding this.

In the interim, you can use Bluetooth or auxiliary input to one of your SoundTouch speakers and use the "Play All" feature within the SoundTouch application to enable multi-speaker playback from Apple Music audio. I've also logged your feedback today as a feature request for our product development team to integrating Apple Music directly within the SoundTouch application as a music service.

Kindest,

Andy B

Mojojojo0
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Honestly, I find it stunning that this should have needed suggesting as a requested feature. It feels like it should have been standard from the start.
Tohuwabohu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I am realy glad that i informed you about the feature request for apple music! 

Are you kidding me? 

And for the airplay 2 hint - i am one of those silly customers, who bought the airplay series, because i need airplay. But this series won‘t support airplay 2. Funny thing!

Highlighted
spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

If I remember correctly, the now-infamous tweet from WWDC way back in June 2017 announcing AirPlay mentioned “Apple Music in every room.” At the rate Bose is moving on AirPlay, we’ll see Apple Music support in the 2030 timeframe.