Jan 17, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update

Bose SA 4 Soundtouch not in scope?  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

It’s been nearly 3 years since this was announced (June 2017), and about 4 months since I finally got so fed up that I sold all of my Bose gear on eBay. If other forum posts are to be believed, Bose lost many more customers than me over this debacle. Had they been more forthcoming with updates, e.g. “Airplay 2 support for the SoundTouch line has been delayed due to XYZ”, I’d still be a customer. Irritated, but still a customer. What a mess.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Update of cinemate 130 not in scope?

Cinemate 130 on its own never had any multiroom networking capabilities. A SoundTouch Wireless Adaptor was required. I believe you can still purchase an adaptor directly from Bose. The one you are looking for is the rectangular version with WiFi and BlueTooth capabilities referred to as SoundTouch Wireless Adaptor series 2.

This should support Airplay 2 when it is released. Contact Bose directly and confirm with them before buying.

This string might help you as well:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Sound-Touch-Wireless-Adaptor-v-Wireless-Link-Adapto...

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Whenever I read this annoucement again, I feel happy.

Don't mess up!

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Update of cinemate 130 not in scope?

You will need a SoundTouch Wireless adaptor series 2(BlueTooth). 

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

@rickatk wrote:

Yeah about that....

I bought the adapter like the day it came out in 2016, I believe. And mine has bluetooth as well, so is there really a "series 2"?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Echoing what others have said, are there any plans to add AirPlay 2 to the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter? It has both Bluetooth and WiFi, just like the other SoundTouch devices on the list for AirPlay 2 by the end of February 2020.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I don’t have any additional details for any product not included in my original post at this time. I will let you know when I have more information around Airplay 2.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

I don´t have any information if, when .... This is why I sold my BOSE items month ago. Sorry, but your business is more than hardware. I am very happy with my new hardware. It was not your hardware, it was your arrogant so called "service" which let me changed. You have very good hardware but horrible service and communication. 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@GEORGzer wrote:

@rickatk wrote:

Yeah about that....

I bought the adapter like the day it came out in 2016, I believe. And mine has bluetooth as well, so is there really a "series 2"?

The one I am referring to is rectangular and is Wifi and BlueTooth able.