enm007
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update

Ji @Wayne_M 

I also would like confirmation on support for

SoundTouch Wireless adaptor series 2(rectangle)

SoundTouch Wireless Link adaptor(square)

regards

Ian

nwmgc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

I have - amongst others - a SoundTouch 525 system. Replies earlier have indicated that devices with wireless and bluetooth (which this has) should be eligible for the update too. Can this be confirmed?

Thanks (and apologies if it's already been discussed and I didn't understand).

dariosalon
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Will this update fix the issues related to connectivity or while music playing stops  randomly it kind of goes on and off either way on a network or bluetooth?

Thank you 

dariosalon
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Sorry my system SoundTouch 10

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

As time goes on and Airplay 2 has been around for a while I would like to say overall it is very nice to see the standard showing up on so may devices. I have been using Apple products with Airplay standard for years and have been very happy with how it all works. For Bose SoundTouch products I connect Airport Express routers via the Aux port and have been enjoying Apple Music for as long as it has been around. iTunes before that. 

Airplay and Airplay 2 has always worked very well from my iMac. Airplay multiroom on macOS also works very well. However over the past year I have had some problems with Airplay 2, Airport Express and my iOS devices. I have found since last year when Airplay 2 was released, the connection to be unreliable. Just getting the connection, ongoing connection has been fine. I have done all the usual troubleshooting steps but found Airplay 2 and my Airport Express devices a little dodgy. Recently I have concluded that connecting my iOS devices with the Airport Express devices using Airplay 2 seems to go better using the iOS devices control panel rather than from within the music app.

I have been connecting to other Airplay enabled devices of late mostly different TVs. That seems to work very well. Also I have a Bose 300 speaker... the Airplay 2 connection is working quite well. Quick stable connections every time.

At this point I am not to sure what to think about Airplay 2 and Airport Express but I am looking forward to Airplay being enabled for SoundTouch and hopefully it will perform the same way as the TVs and Bose 300 speaker..

BSoko
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

@Wayne_M February 16.....  crickets since the announcement.  Is the end of Feb 2020 still looking hopeful? 

Farinasaur
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Looking for the same answer, I don’t wanna go back to Spotify 

Hilarius_derTraurige
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

The deadline is Saturday, February 29, 2020. That is clear. The expected consequences in the event that the deadline is not met are just as clear.

Kimi The Worm
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

It's live now - working 100% on my two 10s, 20 and 30 - and it sounds good

Thanks Bose - I knew you'd get there in the end

Farinasaur
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

What you did? Updated your firmware? I can't see any firmware update available nor Airplay is working.