RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Airplay 2 on Soundtouch 300??

I heard today that Airplay 2 was made available on Bose Smart Speakers today. Good to hear that! Finally something. But when is it releasing for Soundtouch devices? In fact, I was expecting it to be released on Soundtouch first as Smart Home speakers were just recently released, whereas Soundtouch users have been waiting for ages!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Airplay 2 on Soundtouch 300??

Hi Rahulmenon, 

Thanks for your post. 

We understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet made available for Soundtouch. We would like to assure you that this isn't the end of Soundtouch, and that Airplay 2 is still coming. We will post any updates regarding this to the main page of the forums when more information is available. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

This is incredibly disappointing.  AirPlay for SoundTouch was announced in 2017.  Seems like we're on our way to 2 more years of moderators telling us no specific timeline can be provided. 

Step #1 to the entire SoundTouch line being pushed into obsolescence.

Hi Spudohio, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

We appreciate your concern regarding our SoundTouch products. We would like to reassure you that support for your SoundTouch products is running alongside support for Smart Home. We have no plans to halt support for SoundTouch. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

You also don't seem to have any plans on releasing airplay 2. You said ealy 2019 and that is over. How about doing some thing you guys nver really do and give us an answer. When are you going to release airplat 2?

Hi Mpf541, 

Thanks for your post! 

Airplay 2 is now out for our Smart Home Speakers, you can find out more information on this here.

We also understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet made available for Soundtouch, and can understand why you might feel like this won't be coming. We would like to assure you that this isn't the end of Soundtouch, and that Airplay 2 is coming in the future. We will post any updates regarding this to the main page of the forums when more information is available.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I’m holding my breath.
Plasmanut
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Sorry, but you don’t understand our frustration about the lack of AirPlay 2 support on SoundTouch speakers. 

If you did, Bose would have done something about it a long time ago. 

Yamaha announced AirPlay 2 support for 15 home devices today and Bose is once again late to the party. 

josephbstreet@me.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

It's been three months since this reply. Is Aiplay 2 coming anytime soon to the Soundtouch 300?

Plasmanut
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Well, you just got an indirect update this morning from Bose in the form of another big “F U”. It’s Firmware Update (see what I did there?). But it’s an FU that doesn’t include AirPlay 2.