Airplay 2 support?

Friendly Fanatic

Airplay 2 support?

When purchasing my soundtouch kit i was told that this product line would be first to gain an update...

What a lie that was...

Then Bose have been stating for over a year that the update was coming out in the beginning of 2019 in the Soundtouch community...

Just give some transparancy/clarity please, its what YOUR customers deserve...

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Airplay 2 support?

Hi Jsquires1990, 

Thanks for your post. I understand your frustrations and can only apologize for the delay that you have had to endure. 

Again I  understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet made available for Soundtouch, and can understand why you might feel like this won't be coming.

I would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting it implemented with our SoundTouch products.

We do not have a time frame at the moment for integration with SoundTouch. Keep an eye on our community/our Social media platforms, we will posts updates when we have more information. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Bose your copy/paste responses are such a insult!

Please anybody who wishes for this to be added at all, Lets flood Bose social sites iv created some hashtags below, feel free to make more - Twitter + Facebook

If they wont listen here, then lets get it in there (and customers) faces daily...

#Bosedotherightthing #Bosebrokenpromises #Boseandairplay2fail

Cheers

Animated Arbiter

@jsquires1990  Wow. I really feel for you. The real world suffering and deprivation you are experiencing must unbearable. 

Friendly Fanatic

Seriously? Why would you post a tongue-in-cheek comment like that? @jsquires1990 has it right. We should totally do this because it works. Obviously, Bose has not suffered enough embarrassment from sleeping on this for this long. It’s time to turn up the heat. 

Friendly Fanatic

This is a forum for Bose, their customers and issues encountered.

Doesnt mean i dont talk about 'real world issues' as you say but its not the place!

Dont be so foolish with your next response...

Ta

Friendly Fanatic

I am agravated as well with the lack of Air Play 2 in the Soundtouch system.  I purchased the Soundtouch 10, 20 and the SA-5 as well as Bose 251 because I have always liked bose products.  It is amazing that Sono's and other smart speaker companies have access and implented Air Play 2 into their systems and Bose is seriously behind on this implentation.  How is it that one company can have Airplay 2 migration almost immediately and Bose is still writing code to get it to work with the Sound Touch system.  I just hope that they do eventually implememt it into the Soundtouch system.  It seems that they are trying to phase the Soundtouch series out according to pricing on Amazon for the Soundbar 300 and the SA-5 on the bose web site.

Friendly Fanatic

I personally don’t care if they decided to blow up every remaining SoundTouch speaker that remained on a store shelf. I want what was promised a long time ago. 

I also really like Bose products. I love the Bose sound. But this has changed the way that I will look at Bose forever. Any future purchase will be based on whether the product is doing everything I need it to AT THE TIME, rather than assuming that a feature update will materialize. 

Extremely disappointing coming from a company which keeps bragging about being an industry leader. I really hope there are lessons learned not only for us as customers, but also for Bose executives as well. Something isn’t working somewhere in the company. 

I love my QC-35s, but Sony headphones have dethroned Bose in recent reviews. Sonos speakers are probably outselling Bose by a large factor and Bose is getting its butt kicked on the software and music service integration. I sincerely hope someone is paying attention. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Let me help out the mods with a reply for you:

Thanks for your post. I understand your frustrations and can only apologize for the delay that you have had to endure. 

Again I  understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet made available for Soundtouch, and can understand why you might feel like this won't be coming.

I would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting it implemented with our SoundTouch products.

We do not have a time frame at the moment for integration with SoundTouch. Keep an eye on our community/our Social media platforms, we will posts updates when we have more information. 

With the useless less information they provide over and over and over, I could be a mod!

Strident Supporter

I don't think theyt will ever release it.