Innovator
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 support?

"Thank you for your post. We do not have any information on an Airplay 2 for Soundtouch release date. We announced the feature 2 years ago before we started working on it. After we started working on it we were surprised to find out how hard it really is. We have learned our lesson. In the future we will not announce features before we start working on them. Keep an eye on our Bose community for the latest information. Again we have no information on the release date."
vandrew
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Empty promises from Bose. A brand that I find it hard to be trusted. Until they can proof to their me, us and all customers otherwise, sorry to say that I have lost faith. 2 years! imagine that 

hdow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

It took 18 months to build the Empire State Building. And to kick the Nazis out of Africa in World War II. So 2 years to incorporate AirPlay2? 

Kent A
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2015

Disapointment..

Bad communication..

incorrect information..

Lies..

Is what we have been fed with from Bose the last few years when it comes to their software updates around Apple music support and Airplay 2.

However, I can understand that they do not want to go live with functionalities that have not been fully tested AND corrected (looking at the last few updates they should be scared as hell to repeat that). So if we assume that they are really working on a solution for AirPlay iand if they take the QA work seriously they may have got a no-go from their QA team. This could be the reason why we did not get the Air Play 2 in their Q2 update. -To be honest, that one did not include anything so either they decided to not roll out Air Play  in this release or they are not working on it at all.

As they never communicate anyting about their road-map we can only speculate about what is really going on. And that their marketing department let this go on is a mystery for everyone who have any insight in market communication.

The poor handling of market communication from Bose is like a "DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY" example from any market management book.

How hard could it be to just say "sorry due to our high quality standards the Air-Play func did not make it into our Q2 release. we expect to have it ready and fully funtional in our Q3 release planned for mid July." - If they truely are working on implementing it? 

indy70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2016

Hi all, Ultimately the development for Airplay 2 support is probably done by some Development team and God knows what kind of integration difficulties they are facing to work out Airplay 2. So while we are facing this on our side, it would be good to understand what may be happening there as well. Who knows what ! Dev Teams go through a lot with bugs, priorities, tests and what not. Their face is these cust support reps, who may not be having the full information or probably having only the information that they can relay. I think we should just bluetooth it and move on. Personally, I am just using mine to listen to my own music or TuneIn and rest is through bluetooth. Life comes around and we can focus on other things. Hopefully, Bose will make this soon. or even better, support Apple Music as a service in the app !

Highlighted
mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I used to think that Bose was a company that I wanted to have thier products. And that used to be the case. But over the last few years the kind of support that they have given has changed.

It seems like the anserws are a;ways the same.

Did you reset it?

Excelent sugestion we will pass it to the development team.

We have no information on this right now we will update you as soon as we know more.

Well I have slowly been replaceing soundtouch with homepods. I have replaced my home theater system now also.

All last tear they were telling us that airplay 2 will be avaiable early 2019. And what they did was only release it for the new products they sell. Well this is not good enough for me.

Well my lifestyle system sold this week I now don't really care if bose ever updates now. My new system does what I want. And to me it sounds just as good as the bose. And i can now have 7.1 and atmos. Stuff bose says i don't need. Well it does sound a lot beeter to me so i am not sure bose really cares about keeping up with technology. They just think we don't need it as they think the current syste sounds good enough. Well goodbye bose. I am pretty sure i will never again but a highly overpriced system that is not keep up to date. 

I would be willing to bet that new hardware from bose will be out soon that has the new features. A least if bose want to sat in business they need to.

MikeyDanglez
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Its true; they clearly have no idea how badly this effects perception. I just purchased a set of wireless buds and I did not consider the Bose product at all. Nothing about this feels professional. Checking this form every 4-6 months feels like a kickstarter you know? But it’s not; it’s Bose. Thee Bose. It clearly isn’t or can’t be done.