unykron
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2021

Airplay and Homekit stopped working for my Soundtouch 10 randomly

Bose product name: SoundTouch 10

Firmware Version: No clue? Software version is 26.0.1

App Version: Desktop 26.0.0 iOS 26.0.5

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on iOS 14.4.2 macOS 10.15.7

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I had been using airplay from my phone to the soundtouch for months now with no issues. steaming from either my iPhone or my computer was seamless. in December I got 2 HomePod minis and started building my home. was thrilled that the soundtouch was able to be added to my home. since then until about a week ago every day i was using airplay to stream music from my phone to the soundtouch and the 2 HomePods simultaneously without issue. same from my iMac. then about a week ago, I tried and the audio kept cutting out and disconnecting from airplay. and then a couple of days ago, the speaker just stopped showing up on my phone as an option. And in apple home it was still showing up but I couldn't access it at all. 

It was still connected to my network. I was still able to play pandora through it and I finally was able to stream to it with bluetooth from my phone, but no airplay.  However, I am still able to airplay to it from my computer?

Now, I have deleted it from my home app and reset it up. and it still doesn't connect. And I see no way to add it back to my home now? 

I've read through all of the similar support topics on this site that I can find and have tried all the suggestions which seem to have solved the issue for others with no luck. and all the articles I've found are from over a year ago, so I have no idea if there have been any firmware updates to the speaker since then?

What environment do you experience the issue in? My home

When did you start to experience the issue?

Around a week ago

Did it work correctly previously?

Yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took

restarted the speaker. re-connected the speaker 3 separate times. connected it to different wifi networks I have accessable to me (5ghz and non 5ghz). unplugged it and waited for various durations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Airplay and Homekit stopped working for my Soundtouch 10 randomly

Author Accepted Answer selected by unykron

Hey @unykron, welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you're no longer able to enjoy your SoundTouch 10 via AirPlay with your HomePod devices. 

You've been through some great troubleshooting steps and it's a shame that the issue persists. Whilst the SoundTouch 10 is not an official listed compatible device found here, I'd love to see if we can get this working again for you. Next, could you please perform a factory reset on the speaker. To do this, follow these steps listed under 'Restore factory settings'.

Once you've done this, please attempt to add the speaker again and let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by unykron

Hey @unykron, welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you're no longer able to enjoy your SoundTouch 10 via AirPlay with your HomePod devices. 

You've been through some great troubleshooting steps and it's a shame that the issue persists. Whilst the SoundTouch 10 is not an official listed compatible device found here, I'd love to see if we can get this working again for you. Next, could you please perform a factory reset on the speaker. To do this, follow these steps listed under 'Restore factory settings'.

Once you've done this, please attempt to add the speaker again and let me know how this goes.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

unykron
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2021

Hey. Thanks for this suggestion! This worked perfectly! Wish I came across those reset instructions sooner ☺️

Charlotte_G

@unykron So glad to hear this. Happy listening!

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@unykron Additionally try logging out of your SoundTouch account then log back in or simply delete the speaker then reboot your app and add the speaker again. If find this works quite well. Not as drastic as factory reset. save that for last.