cheplaya
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

Airplay not working

I have a Bose soundtouch 30 which has Airplay. Lately, I am unable to cast music and podcast to the Soundtouch 30 via airplay. I have reset the device to factory setting and it still doest work. I am able to use airplay with my Sonos device. Please advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Airplay not working

Hey Cheplaya, 

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Airplay, I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me which series of SoundTouch 30 you have? 

Are you using Airplay or Airplay 2? 

Can you also tell me if you are able to play to the speaker using the SoundTouch application? 

I would recommend that you start by resetting the router to make sure you have a stable communication channel to the speaker. You can do this by unplugging the router from power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
cheplaya
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

Hi,

I am using SoundTouch 30 series III the one with airplay 2. I have done the router unplugging and it is still the same. I am able to run the speakers through the app, the bluetooth works fine, just the airplay 2 is not working properly 

Marvin_B

Hi cheplaya!

Thank you for getting back to us. Please try the steps on this LINK to address the issue with Airplay.

Let us know how it went.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!