Alexa Account linking

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Alexa Account linking

I have been unable to link my Alexa and Bose accounts. I do not receive an error message - just a blank screen once I enter my Bose account information. and click on Done. I have changed my password and the speaker name. I have disabled and enabled the skill. I read on the Alexa Skill reviews that others are having the same issue. Does anyone have insight to assist?

16 REPLIES 16
Quiet Contributor

Re: Alexa Account linking

Having the exact same issue. It’s frustrating to see that nobody’s bothering to answer or try to solve the issue even though everybody’s complaining about the same problem. This issue is mentioned numerous times in the skill reviews under Alexa app.

Hi @BKinSBY and @GreatBlackHero

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

I would highly recommend that you ensure that both the Alexa and Bose accounts are using the same email and password as well as ensuring that you aren't using a pop-up blocker on the device as this may cause the app to not prompt you with the correct information. Please also delete and reinstall the Bose skill via opening the Alexa app, navigate to the installed Skills, then disable and re-enable the Bose Skill.

I look forward to hearing back from both of you and if any other members of the community have resolved this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

I changed my Amazon account e-mail to the same e-mail I use with Bose, tried doing the linking process on 3 different browsers on a computer, still no luck. An empty white screen appeaes once I click the button to link the device.

Hi GreatBlackHero, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Have you attempted to link the accounts on a mobile device rather than a computer? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Quiet Contributor

I started trying using the app on my iPhone. Then, extracted the link to Safari, Firefox, Chrome and even Puffin. Then, tried using 3 different browsers on the computer. All end up with a blank white page. 

Hello GreatBlackHero, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That is incredibly unusual that you are unable to see the login page for Alexa. 

May I ask, what country are you contacting us from? Is Amazon / the Alexa service available in that country?

Kindest, 

Jeff G 

Quiet Contributor

I never said I could not login. I login, then my device is shown there, but when I click the button below to link it, then an empty white page opens and stays as is. 

Quiet Contributor

Still no luck Hector. I completed the following as directed:

1. changed Bose account email and password to match Alexa

2. turned pop up blocker off

3. disabled and then re-enabled the Soundtouch Alexa skill

Hello BKinSBY, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm which Alexa skill it is you are using? There are a few Bose skills listed, and are specific to the devices they support. (If you can provide a screenshot, this would be incredibly helpful.)

Finally, please confirm what country it is you are in. 

Kindest,

Jeff G