Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Alexa Skill

Hi, 

I have sound touch 30 and bought echo dot.  I downloaded Alexa skill and added Bose Speakers.

Now can you guide me on the following : 

Whether I need to add echo dot speaker on the Alexa APP?

I still prefer to browse and play music from Amazon Music instead of voice commanding. In such a case still do I need to add & connect echo dot ?

If yes , Where should I connect echo dot with sound touch ?

Finally how to browse and play music on my Sound Touch speakers? 

Note : Please do not suggest me connect through Bluetooth. such a case I can directly connect to my sound touch Bluetooth & and play . My Location : India.

thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Alexa Skill

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. I'd be happy to guide you with this.

Once your SoundTouch speaker is linked on your Amazon Alexa account, simply add your Echo Device to the Amazon Alexa app and when you speak to it you can ask it to play on the SoundTouch system. You do not need to directly connect the Echo and SoundTouch speaker directly together. 

Here's a great video that will help you Using the Bose SoundTouch Control Skill for Amazon Alexa.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Charlotte,

I have few queries below : 

1.  When we connect echo input - whether the speaker is playing on wireless or Bluetooth ?

2.  If your answer is Bluetooth , I can connect sound touch directly from Mobile then why I need echo device in between ?

3. Once I establish Alexa App , can I browse and play music instead of speaking?   i.e  if a person unable to speak what is the next option?

4. Is there any difference on music quality while listening via alexa vs streaming directly on sound touch ?

Hello Suresh, 

Thank you for your questions! 

I have taken a look into your queries within this thread and I can confirm that at this time the Alexa Skill is not available within India at this time. This would be why you are facing difficulties with connecting through the SoundTouch App. 

You can connect your Echo Dot to your SoundTouch Speaker with a wired connection or via Bluetooth, we cannot guarantee success about this workaround however you should be able to control the Echo Dot via your voice. You may alternatively be able to control Alexa through the App however this would be a question for Amazon as we do not have access to such information. If you do decide to connect your Echo Dot to your SoundTouch 30, you will also want to ensure that your Speaker is up to date with the latest Firmware as with software 13.x and older, the Bose system will go into standby after 20 minutes of inactivity, which will cause the Echo Dot to disconnect. You can update the firmware by clicking this link for instruction. 

Finally no, there should not be any difference in the quality of audio when using Alexa and streaming directly onto your SoundTouch 30. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Tegan

Alexa skill is available in India.. FYI

Hello Suresh,

My apologies, what my previous statement should state is Amazon Music via the Alexa Skill is not currently available in your region. I apologise for the confusion. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Tegan

Ofcourse the skills are available. As mentioned on my previous mail i did try playing music on sountouch via those skills.

Some time it works cool but mostly it will stop automatically after the 1 st track.

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

still awaiting for your reply ?