Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Alexa no longer playing presets

Anyone else having an issue with Alexa no longer playing presets?  This used to work without issue.  I checked and all my presets are listed within the SoundTouch app.  When I ask Alexa "Tell Bose to play preset number 1", I get a response stating "something went wrong, please try again later".  I get this response everytime now.  Frustrating...

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Alexa no longer playing presets

Hi Jpapa123,

Thank you for posting and joining the community!

As the skill was working correctly previously, how long ago did this issue start for you?

I do know Alexa can sometimes be picky about how precise you have to be with the commands. The wording we usually recommend to use this skill would be Alexa, ask Bose to play preset 1. Rather than Alexa, tell Bose to play preset 1. 

If you were to use this phrasing for the command, would you still get the same response?

If you do, the first thing I would recommend doing is rebooting your SoundTouch speaker. To do this all you will want to do is disconnect it from the power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and allow it to boot back up and reconnect to the Wi-Fi.

Once this is done give it a test and let me know the results!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Same issue after rephrasing and rebooting.  The skill no longer works on any of my 6 soundtouch speakers.  Alexa just responds stating "Something went wrong, please try again later".

Highlighted

Thanks for trying that for me Jpapa123.

Are you able to use any commands with the Alexa skill? Is it just asking to play a preset that isn't working or do no commands work for you?

I've got a list of a few others to try, can you let me know if any of those work for you? 

• Alexa, ask Bose to turn on/off
  • Alexa, ask Bose to turn up/down the volume
  • Alexa, ask Bose to mute/unmute
  • Alexa, ask Bose to play/pause/skip-forward/skip-backward
  • Alexa, ask Bose what's playing
  • Alexa, ask Bose to list my presets
  • Alexa, ask Bose about [system name]

When using the Alexa commands, what Alexa device are you using as the controller? Do you have another you could use to test? 

If you don't have another Alexa device to test with you can use the Alexa app on your phone to do this as well.

Let me know if any of those work for you!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

All other commands to the bose speakers work on all 4 alexa devices (echo dots and echo show 5).  It's just the "play preset" command that does not work from any of them.  They all say "something went wrong, please try again later".  I tried setting new presets within the soundtouch app, still no luck...

Highlighted

Hi @Jpapa123,

That is quite odd. What service do you have saved in the presets? Are they all set to the same service or do they vary? It'd be good to test if it's a specific service having an issue or if all services cannot be played as a preset.

Also, have you tried to re-connect your SoundTouch skill to the Alexa app? You'll have to first disable it, then you will be prompted to re-enter your credentials. Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Just got around to testing further.  Still not working.  Very frustrating.  It does not work on any of the music services, Spotify, Sirius, etc.  Also tried disabling the skill and re-enabling.  No luck.  

Every time I say, Alexa, tell Bose to play preset number 1, 2, 3, etc., it replies stating "something went wrong, please try again later.  HELP

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

This is the same thing happening to me. Some other commands appear to be fine "Alexa ask Bose to stop". But "Alexa ask Bose to play preset..." always returns "something went wrong, try again later".

I've removed the skill, logged in/out, etc. with no resolution.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

I am experiencing the same issue. This has been happening for the last month or so. Alexa will not play a preset on any of my speakers (Sound Touch 10 or 20’s). 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

I have the same problem.  All alexa commands work except preset commands.  Any solution?