Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Alexa not working consistently on Bose Wave SoundTouch System and SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

Try the commands "Play the album Automatic for the People by REM on Bose Wave"  and "Play the album Automatic for the People by REM on Wireless Link Adapter"

Alexa is able to play the album on Bose Wave SoundTouch System but unable to do it on the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter with Alexa's response "Hmmm I'm not sure."

Second observation:  (as of the writing of this email, I have not tried this on the Bose Wave SoundTouch System)

I was able to have Alexa play on SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter using the following commands:

-  Play rock music on Wireless Link Adapter

-  Play classical music on Wireless Link Adapter 

-  Play jazz music on Wireless Link Adapter 

-  Play dance music on Wireless Link Adapter 

But Alexa cannot understand other genres of music (alternative, indie, world, etc.)

Alexa's control/interaction on these two SoundTouch devices should be consistent. Any ideas why Alexa works better on one and not on the other one?  

Thank you very much for looking into this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Alexa not working consistently on Bose Wave SoundTouch System and SoundTouch Wireless Link ad...

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out!

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing with Alexa, I'll be happy to help!

Do you have any extenders or boosters in your environment?

I would recommend resetting your router. You can do this by unplugging the router for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Re: Alexa not working consistently on Bose Wave SoundTouch System and SoundTouch Wireless Link ad...

I do not think this is a router issue - all the equipment being tested are on the same table just a few feet away from our router.  Plus, we have a very good WiFi signal in the house.  All of our other wireless devices are working fine.

Speaking from a technical background, bugs/inconsistencies like this is very common.  I think the Alexa skill code written for the Bose Wave SoundTouch System and the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter are different. 

Please let the developers know about this issue and hopefully we can see the fix pretty soon. 

Thank you!

Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I understand what you are saying. I'll get this raised with the team to see if there is anything further I can suggest for you. 

Thank you for the information you have provided. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.