Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Amazon Music HD

By the way, you can click on the ULTRA HD ICON when a song is playing and it will show you:

Track Quality:             24-bit/96 kHZ

Device Capability:      24-bit/96 kHZ

Currently playing at:  24-bit/96 kHZ

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

@Xyz987,

Where would I find the "Ultra HD" button, in the Amazon Music App on my device or in he Bose SoundTouch App? Thanks.

Sincerely,

heatman5

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's displayed in the Amazon Music app just below a picture of the album cover.  It might be displayed in other places depending on the view you are looking at.

The track I'm listening to now is 192/24 but playing at 96/24 since that is the limit of my Dragonfly Cobalt.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

hey all,

I ran two scenarios :

Scenario 1:  

App: Amazon music 

Song: HD label

Connection: wired from USB-C out of phone to AUX in of Soundtouch 30

Quality rating: 9/10 

Scenario 2:

App: Soundtouch

Service: Amazon music

Song: Same song as in Scenario 1

Connection: wireless via Bose app

Quality: 7/10

Does anyone see this ?  I wonder if this could be improved if Bose releases an updated Soundtouch app that is compatible with Amazon HD or if it is just a limitation of DAC.

Thanks much,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

Do we know if amazon music HD is actually streaming to bose soundtouch in cd quality or not?

Can someone from bose answer this ?

to the best of my knowledge, in all the years that Bose has supported Deezer on soundtouch systems, we never got it in HiFI as Deezer has always offered on their service.  So I am a bit doubtful if getting it on amazon hd.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for your active engagement on this thread. I wanted to jump in here to confirm that Amazon Music HD is not currently supported on our SoundTouch range of speakers, but we appreciate your interest and discussions! 

You can certainly still enjoy using Amazon Music streaming from within the SoundTouch app to your SoundTouch speakers, but I've reached out to our product teams to confirm the exact supported streaming quality of this. We'll let you know when we have confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by heatman5

I just wanted to make everyone aware that Amazon High Definition music is available for $15 per month and sounds very good streaming to a Bose Soundtouch 300 using the Bose Soundtouch app.  It seems like a very good alternative to the more expensive Tidal and Qobuz streaming services.  Of course, you can stream from your iPhone, iPad, or Windows computer. 

While Amazon, Tidal, and Qobuz can stream at 24/192 (maybe higher), the Bose Soundtouch 300 internal DAC will down convert to 24/96.  Many people believe that 24/96 is optimal for high definition music.  IDK.  CD quality is 16/44.1.

I don't know about any other Bose Soundtouch devices.  I guess you would have to try them and see if it works OK and how it sounds.

If you decide to purchase Amazon High Definition music (or Tidal or Qobuz), you can get an even better listening experience by purchasing a Dragonfly Cobalt DAC and streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Windows computer to a pair of quality headphones.  When using an iPhone or iPad, you will need an Apple lightning to USB/lightning camera adapter available on Amazon.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

@Xyz987,

Thank you for all the info. I see your a serious music listener. I believe I'll be taking the plunge soon, based on your input. Thanks again.

sincerely,

heatman5

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Amazon music is growing at 3 times as fast as Spotify. So I switch spotify to Amazon music. Now I can enjoy Spotify music on my Echo together and I really enjoy the Amazon Music HD quality. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

You can try Musconvtool. Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool