Highlighted
SLadd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Amazon Music error 6151

Since the last update of the soundtouch app I am unable to shuffle any Amazon playlists and most of my playlists won't load at all. The playlists that won't load give error code 6151.

I know that there have been some past forum posts regarding this issue, but it seems they were a couple of years ago and don't provide help.

I have an iPhone XS, iPhone 8 Plus and iPad Pro all running iOS 13.3, I have a soundtouch 300 and a soundtouch wireless link adapter. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app, I have tried removing and re-adding my Amazon Music account. I have restarted by sound systems.

Nothing seems to work...

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Stokes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

Re: Amazon Music error 6151

Hi,

I’m having a similar problem but only on two playlists. 

I have 5 separate SoundTouch devices which are WiFi enabled and operate via an iPhone X. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted

Hi All, 

Thank you for posting and contributing to the discussion, I'm sorry to hear you are both having trouble with these Amazon Music playlists.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already. Removing and re-adding the Amazon Music account and rebooting the speakers are both good steps to try for this.

As it does seem to be related to specific playlists for you both, are these user-created or Amazons playlists?

Are you able to access these playlists from Amazon Music directly? Or are they unavailable there as well?

Also, does it make any difference which speaker you are trying to play this to?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Navaho
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

I am having the same issue for about 3 months now. Not much from Bose in a way of a fix. IMO it is Bose’s problem. Ever since the update I am no longer able to play my Amazon Music Playlists. The only way to play my playlists is if I go directly to Amazon Music and play through my iPad or iPhone and Bluetooth audio through my SoundTouch 20. I can’t use the Bose app or use my presets on the SoundTouch 20. It all started with Bose update and was told there is no way to reverse update. I have to keep calling to see if there is a fix but I feel there isn’t enough people complaining. I am very upset and dissatisfied with Bose. I own practically all there products. It would be nice if they at least sent an email or called to give information on a fix to show you as a customer you are appreciated and deserve updates weather they have a fix or not. 

Highlighted
SLadd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply. The issue appears to be specific to user-created playlists. Although, that said, there is nothing that I can "shuffle" via the Bose app and since the update there is no shuffle button visible.

I am able to access all of my playlists without issue via the Amazon Music app or via an Echo.

The issue is the same regardless of the Bose device I am trying to stream to.

Thanks & kind regards,

Simon 

Highlighted

Hi all,

Thank you for providing these updates.

@Navaho, are you finding this with all Amazon Music playlists as well? Or just user-created playlists like the others seem to be seeing?

Also are you able to play any other sources through the SoundTouch app? Or is this stopping you from playing any Wi-Fi source?

@ SLadd, In regards to the shuffle feature, this is something that we have seen a few instances of and it is currently being looked into by our development team. 

Are you unable to play all user-created playlists? Or is it only certain playlists that you are unable to play? 

To test this, if you are unsure, could you please create a new playlist with a couple of the tracks present on an existing playlist and see if you are able to play those?

I look forward to hearing from you both.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
SLadd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Keith,

I don't know what the exact number is, but I'm fairly certain I'm unable to play playlists when they exceed a certain number of songs.

My guess based upon the playlists I have that do and do not work is that the threshold is around 300 songs.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi Sladd,

This is certainly an unusual issue. Especially seeing as how specific the error seems to be.

What I am going to do is send you a private message to gather more information on this with you, so we can look into this further.

Or if you would prefer, you can also contact your local support team to do this as well. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Navaho
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hello Keith/All

I am having issues with only self made playlists I made in Amazon Music Unlimited. I had a Bose technician log on to my computer so we could work this issue out. I told him I did my own test and found out my self made playlists would work only if I stayed under 340_360 songs. The technician watched me do this this test via Bose connection to my computer about 2+ months ago. We hammered out that conclusion it was a limit of songs that would cause the issue and it was noted that all was working fine with no song amount until the last update from Bose. Once again, this was 2+ months ago and I have not heard from Bose UNLESS I pursued and called Bose for a update. I am hoping there is a log on this because I spent a lot of time/phone calls expressing my problem. I don't know your position with Bose but maybe you can look it up and see the may hours and phone calls I have made. It is very frustrating SINCE all was working perfectly UNTIL Bose put out that last update which made my listening pleasure come to a screeching halt. Also I have NO issues playing my Amazon Music Unlimited Playlists through the Amazon software/app and Bluetoothing to the Soundtouch 20 player. This is showing me there is NO issue with Amazon at all and it is all a Bose's problem. Can't use the preset buttons on the player or can't use the Soundtouch app because I get error 6151. I hope I have given you and everyone concerned enough information. We are going on 3 months with no fix from your last Bose update which make it very frustrating and I hope you understand for me and for the rest of people who are having this Bose issue!!

One question...……………….When can WE expect a fix from your last update??? Please!!!

Highlighted
Stokes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

Hi Keith,

I have created the playlist which I’m unable to play through any of my SoundTouch devices. 

im able to play the playlist in my car and on other devices. 

I do think that the problem started after the latest update for Bose SoundTouch. 

thanks Mike