Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Amazon Music not available in my region, SoundTouch 30

I'm just trying to setup my Amazon Music service on my SoundTouch 30.  I get an error that the service isn't available in my region (Canada).  Amazon says everything is fine on their end so I'm assuming it is a problem for Bose.  How can I get this to work?

thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Amazon Music not available in my region, SoundTouch 30

Hello Jim,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 30. I would be more than happy to help you with this issue, please could you confirm which series you have; is it the I, II or III?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,
Zoe_C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

According to what I’ve been told numerous times over the past year and a half by Bose. Amazon Music is not available in Canada. Nor could they tell me if it ever would. 

That said, I suffer from the same problem with my Sound Touch 10’s. 

Sad...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

So... no further acknowledgement from Bose?

Highlighted

Hello Teskor, 

Amazon Music is not currently available through our SoundTouch app in Canada. However, if you have an Alexa system at home you are able to connect it to your speaker via Bluetooth and use the Amazon Music service. 

I apologize for any inconvinience caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Now that’s helpful. Not!

So remove  the option from the menu. Pandora was removed for Canadian customers. 

And no, I don’t have Alexa, nor do I intend to get one soon. 

Maybe it’s time to dump Bose SoundTouch. 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hi Bose.I saw in another topics that this issue has been flagued since 2016 and we are in the End of 2019 and the issue is still not resolved until now.... how comes ?

I just bought a soundtouch 30 Serie III and no one told me anything about the issue with amazon music for Canadians which is really  misrespectful and can be seen as direct lying because  one of the reason to buy this product is not the sound quality but the different music services that comes with...

We need an ETA about the resolution of this frustrating issue ... I m really not happy and maybe this is  last time I will buy a Bose product...

You do not need to appolgize but to get a New update very soon for this issue.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Greenline4, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

I can confirm that Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Prime Music are both available via the Bose Smart Home Skill for Alexa. If you are unable to access this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.