Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Amazon streaming on SoundTouch stopped working

The Amazon streaming service no longer works. It worked last night 7/19/21 and today 7/20/21 it is no longer working. I get a 1300 error and it says we can’t connect to that music service right now. XM satellite and Pandora work with no issues. Is this an issue with Amazon right now? 

I have verified that everything is ok on Amazon’s end. I also removed the music service and installed the service again. Still not working. 

Bose product name

2 SA5 amplifiers with outdoor environmental speakers. 2 in the ground and 2 on the side of the house. It has worked flawlessly for 2 plus years now. 

Country

usa 

Firmware Version

26.0.1 on both sets of speakers. 

27.0.1 on the sound touch app

Any troubleshooting steps you took

i have unplugged both amplifiers and reset them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Re: Amazon streaming on SoundTouch stopped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ace6180

I just got off the phone with Amazon Music Services about an hour ago. They said they were experiencing an outage for the last few days with third party requests for streaming stations. This makes sense because I could stream the stations on the Amazon App but not on the Bose SoundTouch app. 

In the end this was the information I was looking for from the beginning. I wanted Bose to reach out to Amazon to verify who’s end it was on. 

It was on Amazon’s end not mine or my network like I was telling you. 

Instead of going through days of trouble shooting with Bose, this contact should of been made first from Bose to Amazon and then go from there with the customer and trouble shooting. 

it is working now like it used to.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Vicky_W

Hello Ace6180, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues using the Amazon Music service and your SA-5 Amp. Let's get this fixed for you and get you enjoying your speakers again. The steps here will help in doing this. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

I already tried the things on that list you sent me. Like I said it was working the night before and BAM!! The next day now it doesn’t work. I have been streaming the Amazon service for years with no issue. 

I have noticed that I can stream Amazon but not the stations all of a sudden. I always used to stream them. Not I can not and get the error 1300… I need someone at Bose to look into this issue with Amazon. 

Thank you. Please advise. 

Liam_G

I am very sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service. 

I would like to check if you have tried removing the service from the Soundtouch account completely and then adding the service again for further testing. 
You can do this via the steps found on this article.

Can you also confirm which stations in particular you are having issues streaming? 

Looking forward to hear from you

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Yes I have removed the service from the SoundTouch app and then put it back in. 

I am having trouble with the actual stations. I can play anything from the artist an play any song or playlist on Amazon. But when I click on any of the Amazon stations I get the 1300 error. 

359E1D8E-EE94-4443-8778-069BF30BA46C.jpeg

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying this! 

Just to check but have you tested the stations directly from the Amazon Music app to see if they are available? We want to verify where this issue is originating from, whether it's amazon or the service within the Soundtouch app. 

Have you also rebooted your Wi-Fi router and the power cycled the SA-5 systems? (unplugging them from power for 5 minutes) Sometimes a reboot can be useful to refresh connections and the performance of systems.

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Yes if I use the Amazon music app the stations work fine. 

Also. The sa-5 amplifiers are hard wired to my network via a Cat5 cable. They are both plugged in to a switch. I have also reset (unplugged the sa-5 amps) and let them sit and plugged back in. Along with rebooting my entire network. Like I said I can stream other music services just fine. They are not on WiFi

There is a problem when the SoundTouch app goes out to stream the Amazon stations. I believe it’s on Bose’s end. 

What is the 1300 error? Bose must know what it means if they put it into the app. 

Liam_G

Thank you for confirming Ace, 

Has your network changed recently? We may need to check network settings. Have you got a single router or a mesh network? 

I suggest that we check to see if the firewalls are potentially interfering with the service. Along side this, have a look at certain settings like WMM and UPnP and ensuring that they are enabled. 

Have you got an Amazon unlimited subscription or are you using the free service? 

Looking forward to hear from you

Ace6180
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Never mind I’m done with this conversation. I have provided all the information you need. It’s not on my end. As I said multiple times I can stream other music services fine. Nothing is wrong with my network. And I can stream anything I want from my phone or my computers in the house. 

I have had the Amazon service for two years with out an issue. 

This method of support is a complete waste of time. We just go around in circles. 

I asked you yesterday to tell me what the 1300 error is since your (Bose) app is displaying that error. You didn’t respond with an answer. 

2 grand I have tied up into this system and Bose support is completely useless.  I would of expected you to escalate this issue to a manager by now. 

Thanks I’m done. 

Liam_G

I understand that you are frustrated, but these are the troubleshooting steps we'd like a little more clarity and information on. We would happily assist you further through the Community. 

You mentioned that you rebooted the network, however I would need you to confirm if you had disconnected the router from power, and if there are any other additional networking hardware you use, then powered them back on to test again?

You could also contact us via phone if you would prefer to talk to someone. You can find their contact details here

We would very much like to resolve this for you, if you wish to continue, we will be here to help.