Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Android 10: Bluetooth Volume Sync not working on Soundtouch 10 and Soundlink

I've recently bought a new smartphone running Android 10. It's a Oneplus 7T running stock Oxygen OS 10.0.7. I have 3 Soundtouch 10 and 1 Soundlink in my home and none of them is able to sync the volume with the smartphone when connected over Bluetooth. This has never been a problem with Android 9. Basically all Bose devices now have an independent level of volume and my phone too. I can set my phone to maximum volume but if the Bose speaker has their volume turned down overall volume will stay pretty low. Is this a known bug? Is this related to Oneplus or a general Android 10 issues?

All my other Bluetooth devices sync perfectly (Headphones, Anker Bluetooth speakers, etc.)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Android 10: Bluetooth Volume Sync not working on Soundtoch 10 and Soundlink

Hi there, @schneekluth. This is certainly a strange issue you seem to be experiencing with volume sync, I'll do all I can to help you resolve this!

I have taken some time and tested this with a few different Android 10 devices and have been unable to replicate the issue you are describing. I will be really interested to find out if anyone else in the Community is experiencing this issue, please chime in here. 

To start with, I would recommend clearing the pairing list on your speakers and your Oneplus 7T and then reconnecting like a new connection. You can do this on your systems by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear 'Device List Cleared'. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: Android 10: Bluetooth Volume Sync not working on Soundtoch 10 and Soundlink

I have tried clearing bluetooth device list but situation hasn't changed. I have also installed latest firmware update for Soundtouch 10 (24.0.7) and also latest Oneplus Firmware (10.0.8) but issue is still not resolved. Just for fun I repaired my old Oneplus 3 with Android 9 and bluetooth volume sync works as expected. I've been in touch with bose support on twitter and will post a solution as soon as I've found the cause. In the meantime it would be interesting to see if others are affected too.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: Android 10: Bluetooth Volume Sync not working on Soundtouch 10 and Soundlink

Meanwhile Oneplus has released 2 updates for their Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.0.11) but this error still remains. I'd still love to see Bose to test their Soundtouch system with a Oneplus 7T and confirm that this error exist. My Bose setup is still the only bluetooth sound system where this error occurs. All other bluetooth speakers and my wireless headphones work as expected.