Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Android Sound Touch app unstable

Since a few days the sound touch app on Android devices keeps closing on me approx. 10 seconds after opening the app. I experience the same behavior on a Huawei phone, Samsung 10 phone and a Samsung tablet. I've re-installed the app on all devices but still the same situation.

The app version is 23.0.0

You open the app and can do all activities as normal but after about 10 seconds the app just closes. This way, the app became useless.

When switching off WiFi, the app opens telling there is no WiFi connection and stays on that screen without closing. Switching on the WiFi again and the speakers are found but after a short while the app closes (crashes?)

The app on iOS is working fine, no issues.

The app on Windows is working fine, no issues.

There must be something wrong in the Android version since it doesn't work on any of my 3 different Android devices.

Do other people have this problem as well? Can you look in to it please?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Android Sound Touch app unstable

Hi @lucvanerom,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you've had with your SoundTouch app not operating correctly on your Android devices.

Thank you for trying the reinstall of the app - that is usually our first point of troubleshooting.

Have you been able to reset your Android devices? Alternatively, you can try a reboot of your router, it may help stabilize the app. To do this, unplug the router from power and leave unplugged for one minute before reconnecting to power.

In the meantime, this will continue to be looked into and if there is any update on the issue I'll relay information here or you will find updates on our Community forums.

Let me know if the issue does improve for you.

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Hi Sam,

thanks for your response. Yes I have re-started my 3 different android devices and this doesn't help. I did not factory reset my devices, it would be a big task to re-install the whole thing. Since it happens on 3 independent devices I don't think the problem is device depended.

I have re-started my router and even connected to a second and different router I have and still the same behavior; App closes after approx. 10 seconds. No message, just gone. I can restart it immediately but with the same effect. 

regards, Luc

Highlighted

Hello Lec,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this information. 

I've just tried this on an Android 7.0 device, SoundTouch app version 23.0.0 and was unable to replicate the issue. This doesn't mean we won't continue to help you, we just need to gather as much information as possible to move forward and pinpoint the cause of this.

Which devices have you tested on and what are the operating system versions?

If you are not connected to a speaker at all, does this still happen?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

It looks that the english forum moderators are not informed what happend in the german forum and vice versa. There is a very similar thread in the german forum:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Lautsprecher/Soundtouch-App-f%C3%BCr-Android-st%C3%BCrzt-st... 

Hope you can read or translate this.

@lucvaneromDo you have any Shelly devices in your network?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Hello Pfandfrei,

thanks for connecting the dots here. Yes, I do have Shelly's in my network and now you mention the timing coincident with the first issues with the ST app. Of course I will not throw out my Shelly setup and hope that soon Bose will come with an update for this.

In the mean time I can either use an iOS device (iPad) that does not has a problem with the Shelly - Bose combination.

Again thanks, Luc 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Dear Charlotte,

please look further in this thread. The problem in know in Germany:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Lautsprecher/Soundtouch-App-f%C3%BCr-Android-st%C3%BCrzt-st... 

I hope that this helps you looking more focused in to this problem. AS I mentioned the iOS based app has no problems with the Shelly (Wifi based switches) in the network.

Regards, Luc

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Hello Bose, 

any news or information you can share on this topic? I did not receive any word from you since my last post referring to the cause of the problem. Any update would be appreciate. 

Highlighted

Hello lucvanerom,

Thank you for posting.

We don't have any more information to share on this at this time. It has been passed on to our engineering team who are looking into it, but we haven't got any updates on this so far.

When we do have more information, we will make sure to update the community and let you all know.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

@Charlotte_G, @Keith_L 

After more thn 4 month, any news here? Is somebody working on this problem or will you ignore your customer?