Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

App Announcements and ST

Does anyone else feel like Bose is thumbing their noses at their ST customers with the phrasing, “The wait is over” in the Twitter announcement bring Airplay2 to the Smart Speakers (SS)? The SS line has been out for about 6 months - they announced Airplay2 to the ST community two years ago.  Thanks for waiting so patiently SS owners. 

Meanwhile, the ST app will receive:

-Favorites across music platforms: Since you’re taking away rather than adding music services, I don’t see this as much of an added value. Most of us are getting tired of interacting with the app and would rather have more options for voice control and/or the ability to use more presets.

-Spotify search: I don’t remember anyone asking for this, but ok. It would have been a whole lot better if you’d integrated Spotify into Alexa.  You know, just another feature you already gave to the SS.

-A label change on a menu: Kind of embarrassing that you even bothered to announce this, wouldn’t you say?

Thanks so much for your commitment of continued support to the Soundtouch owners. I can’t say that I’m really feeling it with this update.  Actions speak louder than words.  An underwelming app update is better than nothing, but not much.

For the record, I’m not invested in Apple right now, so I don’t care about Airplay 2 for myself. However, it feels unfair that you built up hype and strung your owners along for this long, then left people feeling dumped when you moved on to a new system and gave a bunch of new features to that system first.

Personally, feel let down by the long-promised Alexa integration. The main problem I have with it is that, since enabling the Skills, you can’t sync with BT anymore.  This means I have to fall back on the tiny Dot speaker for anything other than streaming music (ie. play a workout Skill, flash briefing, responses commands, etc.) because my Dot will no longer connect to my ST300.  I like the Skills, but it’s really frustrating that BT is broken now.  I also wish we could select other speaker groups (in Alexa) instead of just one speaker or “all speakers”.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: App Announcements and ST

Hi Rock Dancing, 

Thanks for your post and feedback. 

We understand your frustration that Airplay 2 has not yet made available for Soundtouch, and can understand why you might feel like this won't be coming. We would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting it implemented with our SoundTouch products. 

I will also pass this feedback into the relevant teams. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Thanks Hector. I already read the Airplay 2 response on a bunch of the other posts, but please pass along my feature requests and feedback.

Hi Rock Dancing, 

I will pass this information on for you. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Plasmanut
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Thanks for at least acknowledging that we don’t believe it’s coming. Because we don’t. Not anymore anyway. 

And yes, as stated by OP, the app update is lame and feels very much like a slap in the face. 

LukaD
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

"I also wish we could select other speaker groups (in Alexa) instead of just one speaker or “all speakers”."

This is getting so funny, I guess Bose's interpretation of "smart" ends at "using an app to control music". I figured there are more ways to listen music than "private" one device and "full on house party". But I guess I was wrong.

Seriously tough, has the idea of "group presets" ever occurred to the developers? It (again) seem's so strait forward that I'm surprised this is even being debated.

Alexa play first flor

Alexa play second flor

Alexa play bathroom and kitchen

and of course, Alexa blow the roof 🙂