Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Apple Music/ITunes

Hi, 

Can you tell me how to add I Tunes music services on my sound touch 30. I don't find their services on Sound touch app.  I did try this India and UAE but don't find their services.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Apple Music/ITunes

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

@Hilarius_derTraurige wrote:

Does that mean there will not be an update of the SoundTouch controller app for macOS 10.5 Catalina in the future that will allow the Apple Music library to be added? That would be barely comprehensible because BOSE is currently promoting the purchase of the SoundTouch 30 on its home page.

Apple has dropped iTunes, XML libraries and its own external Airplay device and is forcing the issue with Apple Music and related licensing. I think this is part of Apple’s music content and services strategy. Bose doesn’t seem to want to get on board where SoundTouch is concerned. 

However, Bose has not officially changed it’s position that Airplay will be made available for SoundTouch (series 3) speakers and they are working on the iTunes / XML problem.

6 REPLIES 6
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh Kumar wrote:

Hi, 

Can you tell me how to add I Tunes music services on my sound touch 30. I don't find their services on Sound touch app.  I did try this India and UAE but don't find their services.

iTunes is no longer available to SoundTouch via the music services control. Apple Music is only available to series 1 SoundTouch speakers using Airplay. Airplay is not available on Series 3 SoundTouch speakers. 

You can still use BlueTooth to get Apple Music and iTunes to your SoundTouch speaker.

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Does that mean there will not be an update of the SoundTouch controller app for macOS 10.5 Catalina in the future that will allow the Apple Music library to be added? That would be barely comprehensible because BOSE is currently promoting the purchase of the SoundTouch 30 on its home page.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

@Hilarius_derTraurige wrote:

Apple has dropped iTunes, XML libraries and its own external Airplay device and is forcing the issue with Apple Music and related licensing. I think this is part of Apple’s music content and services strategy. Bose doesn’t seem to want to get on board where SoundTouch is concerned. 

However, Bose has not officially changed it’s position that Airplay will be made available for SoundTouch (series 3) speakers and they are working on the iTunes / XML problem.

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: Apple Music/ITunes SoundTouch controller app macOS 10.5. Catalina NO INFORMATION UPDATE

Apple has no influence on Bose's lack of transparency and inadequate customer communications.

Nickking
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Apple Music my iCloud music when will it be available for us to listen on wifi

When will my Apple iCloud music be available like you have Spotify etc 

cianne@bak.rr.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Apple Music

I am ready to purchase Home Portable speaker but cannot find anywhere that it shows it will work with my Apple Music. I also uploaded the Bose app from the App Store and it says nothing about Apple Music either. I have over 2400 songs in Apple Music and I need to be able to play them.  Help please?