Betpapy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Apple music...again?

Hi!

On june 2017, a Bose mod wrote this about Apple music on the Soundtouch:

« Hi, 

With the announcement of Airplay 2, this is the lead-in to playing Apple Music on your SoundTouch speakers.

There has been a good deal of talk around Bose and Apple on the forum, to that topic; As evidenced by the Airplay announcement this week, Bose and Apple will and DO work together when their goals are aligned.  We deliver things together, as partners, when it makes sense, when it aligns to our strategies, but most importantly when we can deliver value to our mutual customers. ».

Now that Bose mods are totally silent about Airplay 2 on the other threads on this forum since may 2019,  and considering this horrible issue with mac.os catalina and the Itune library, can we at least hope that Bose changed is plan and is working actively with Apple to add Apple music as a streaming service to Soundtouch? Can you give us good news please?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Apple music...again?

@Betpapy wrote:

Hi!

On june 2017, a Bose mod wrote this about Apple music on the Soundtouch:

« Hi, 

With the announcement of Airplay 2, this is the lead-in to playing Apple Music on your SoundTouch speakers.

There has been a good deal of talk around Bose and Apple on the forum, to that topic; As evidenced by the Airplay announcement this week, Bose and Apple will and DO work together when their goals are aligned.  We deliver things together, as partners, when it makes sense, when it aligns to our strategies, but most importantly when we can deliver value to our mutual customers. ».

Now that Bose mods are totally silent about Airplay 2 on the other threads on this forum since may 2019,  and considering this horrible issue with mac.os catalina and the Itune library, can we at least hope that Bose changed is plan and is working actively with Apple to add Apple music as a streaming service to Soundtouch? Can you give us good news please?

Thank you!

Indeed we are left speculating, hoping, dreaming there will be some resolve to the Airplay/Apple Music issue as it relates to our trusty SoundTouch gear. Offering up the Apple Music streaming service as an option would be the Cadillac resolve and would certainly address the XML problem. Another option, an external piece of hardware with Airplay baked in, not unlike older SoundTouch and Airport Express adaptors. This approach has work well in other applications including SoundTouch.

As time marches on I am betting on the latter solution as older SoundTouch gear just may not be updatable to utilize Airplay or even Apple Music for that matter.

As an aside I would be quite interested in reading about how these music services are licensed and installed onto modern AV equipment. That may shed light on some on the reasons Airplay and Apple Music has not been installed on SoundTouch devices to date.

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: Apple music...again?

It is hopeless. Bose refuses information to the customer and does not seem to fix the compatibility issues. I will return my BOSE devices to my dealer.