Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Are there any plans to make Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Hello!

I would like to buy a new Bose Portable Home speaker; however, I already own 4 Soundtouch devices, so it won't make any sense to buy a new speaker that is not compatible with my other Soundtouch speakers. Nonetheless, if there are plans to eventually make the Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app, I will buy the speaker for sure.

I just want to know in advance before making another purchase of Bose. Otherwise, I will try to sell an apparently obsolete system and move to another brand that really empowers your system to grow over time.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Are there any plans to make Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Hello adolfob,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I can confirm there are no plans to bring SoundTouch speaker support to Bose Music. SoundTouch speakers are developed under a different product architecture, so it will not be possible to bring direct support. The good news, however, is that we are planning to release Airplay 2 support in the near future, and once this has been released, you will be able to group play to both SoundTouch and Smart Home speakers. 

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Re: Are there any plans to make Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Thank you for your quick response Jeff. That sounds great, but I would only be able to do so with an Apple device, right? So if I only have Android devices I won't be able to group play to both SoundTouch and Smart Home speakers, right?

Highlighted

Hello adolfob, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Airplay 2 is an Apple proprietary format. As far as I am aware, there are no apps available on Android at this time to enable support for Airplay 2. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

No need to sell your SoundTouch  gear...The platform is mature the speakers sound great!

Buy more SoundTouch speakers.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Thank you for commenting.

My main problem is that there is no similar speaker for the Bose Portable Home speaker in the Soundtouch ecosystem. Also, I don't want to "invest" in an ecosystem that will not be launching new products going forward.

Sonos, for example, has been launching new products that are compatible even with the first generation of speakers. I expected the same from Bose when I bought my first Soundtouch Speaker in 2013 and now I am totally disappointed since I am not motivated to continue expanding my ecosystem. That's why I will try to sell them and change them to Sonos.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Thank you Jeff.

As an Android user, it won't make any sense for me to continue growing my current Soundtouch set of devices. Do you know if there are any plans from Bose to launch more Soundtouch products (such as the Bose Portable Home Speaker)?

Otherwise, it will make more sense to sell my Soundtouch devices and change them for Sonos. Even if I try to change them to Bose Music speakers, there are not outdoor speakers nor an amp for this ecosystem yet.