Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Re: Audio Streaming on SoundTouch speakers

Hi

Mine will not seem to play certain radio stations, they still work on the app on my phone.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

I have nine SoundTouch speakers, a combination of 10s, 20s and the 300 soundbar with sub and rear speakers. In the past 4-6 weeks, the network connections have been incredibly unreliable. Forget trying to stream through Spotify. Pandora works better but still not great.

What’s more frustrating is that speakers start and drop sporadically. When I unplug them and let them reboot, they starting working about half the time.

I’m extremely frustrated. When the software doesn’t work, the speakers are BRICKS. It’s incredibly frustrating to have $5,000+ in equipment that doesn’t work.

I understand that some internet service providers are struggling because of capacity, but my Bose speakers don’t work reliably when my network is running well. Right now, 3 speakers display as “playing” in the app but are not.

It’s a software issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Hi PHTThomas,

I am glad that I am not the only one.

I have just posted a similar 'observation' that I am spending almost a third of potential listening time in continual resetting and diagnosing of system problems.

I have gone to my very last, final option, and asked for any local support technicians to get in touch with me, give me a visit, and see what can be done.

Its a real shame - the sound quality is excellent, but as you have written, the software platform is so very very fragile.

I'm giving the kit / 'Bose Support' until the end of July, and if it's not up to a decent standard, I'm going to 'go backwards in time' and start wiring my house for multiple stereo power amps, although I am reading today (on this forum) that the 'competition' are producing some decent kit now.

All the best

Brad

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi Wayne,

I have updated the Soundtouch firmware to 25.0.0 and I must say this has got to be the worst update ever. I have the Soundtouch 300 along with Base Module 300 and VI 300 Surround speakers.

While playing content from some sources (Netflix/Amazon Prime Video app on Samsung TV) through HDMI, the base module and surround speakers connectivity keeps fluctuating. On the base module and surround speakers, I can see the lights go amber and back to white ever 10 secs or so. However, the connectivity light on soundbar itself is off (after the initial white during startup). As a result of the fluctuation, I can feel the base and surround sounds go off every now and then and the entire audio experience is messed up.

I am so worried that such fluctuations would affect the life and performance of the speakers, that I have stopped using the Bose system completely. Until this issue is fixed, I dare not switch Bose on. Sigh! It's such a shame that customers need to worry about updates breaking their system rather than looking forward to new features/fixes.

Admins - There cannot be anything more critical than this. Eagerly waiting for the fix.

Regards,
Rahul

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

Yes this happened to my soundtouch 20, but I have bigger problems now. I upgraded to a Google Home WIFI system, which seems incompatible with my unit, rendering it useless. Any tips/help appreciated?

Matt

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

My Soundtouch 10 and Soundtouch Wireless Wifi Adapter - both working fine on Tuesday, stopped streaming our SiriusXM account and would not connect. The app instructed me to remove the SiriusXM account info and re-add it to the Bose Soundtouch App. Now I can not log back in to by SiriusXM account and continually receive error 6401 on the app, disallowing me from re-logging in to my SiriusXM account. Any word on bugs, fixes, updates?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

UK, none of the radio stations work on any my speakers now, 10, 20, 30 and sound bar. Error code 3103

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Same here. All 181.fm stations not working any more, but still work fine on other devices, including android phone and echo dot

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Re: Error 3103

I am having exactly the same problem with PBS 106.7 FM. I can play on TuneIn but the app has stopped working. All other stations are unaffected.

Please help!!

Tim

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

I had this problem as well. I went onto the PBSFM wikipedia page and found a URL for their stream: http://eno.emit.com:8000/pbsfm_live_64.mp3

I then played this as a custom stream on the Soundtouch app and saved it over my original station preset (that was no longer working).

The only difference now is that there is no song or program info, but that doesn't worry me so much.

Sam