Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky_W

Re: Audio Streaming on SoundTouch speakers

@budd, I am sorry to hear this and would love to try and help. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great, I would love to expand on this more. However, before I do, can I please confirm if you are using a free Spotify account or a paid for one? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
alistmck
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I have a Soundtouch 30 + Soundtouch 20 + Cinemate GSII connected and I listen to youtube a lot. This is all connected to a close proximity Archer C60 router. The sound quality is seriously bad.  Fades in and out, disappears for minutes at a time, distortion. So I have complained to my service provider and they are currently providing a 25 up./25 down. service and it makes very little difference. I monitor this servcie and whilst it varies I can see good delivery of spped but lousy sound.

My question is simply this. What do I need in the way of a minimum speed to get good quality delivery? What is it? What do I need to do?

Vicky_W

@alistmck, we have a great thread here that addresses this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@alistmck Your download speed isn’t the problem unless you are running everything at the same time. I suggest your problem is your speakers are too close to the modem/router..

How are you connecting your speakers …SoundTouch Group?

alistmck
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I AM RUNNING THE THREE SPEAKERS AT THE SAME TIME, BUT NOTHING ELSE WITH NORMAL EMAIL AND GOOGLE STUFF GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND. YES I HAVE ORGANISED GROUPS. I HAVE THREE GROUPS, KITCHEN, BEDROOM, AND LIVING ROOM. I AM SURPRISED/INTRIGUED BY YOUR COMMENT. I DID MOVE THE ROUTER CLOSER TO THE PC AND THE CINEMATE UNIT. IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE. AS STAED, IMPROVED SPEED MADE NO DIFFERENCE AS WELL. 

TOO CLOSE TO THE SPEAKERS? WOW,  THE CLOSEST WOULD BE 4 METRES. LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR FURTHER COMMENTS.

alistmck
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

AT WORK, I HAVE TWO SOUNDTOUCH 10 SPEAKERS OPERATING IN STEREO, SAME USAGE OF YOUTUBE AS AT HOME, VERY FAST SERVCIE, NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. SPEAKERS ARE 5 METRES AWAY.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@alistmck  I ran into a problem with my ST30 being close to my wifi router. Ethernet connection took away the interference.

One procedure I do when things aren’t working well I log out of my SoundTouch account then log back in. That cures approximately 80% of the problem.

alistmck
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Thanks for the reply. one other (maybe) important point. The sound quality is good when I am streaming via the Soundtouch software. The problems start when I switch to Bluetooth when I listen to Youtube. ... youtube is of course not being available via Soundtouch ... i will try the reset next ...

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@BBUDD 

Try these steps:

Sign out of your Bose account then sign back in.

Sign out of your Spotify app, Delete your Spotify app, reinstall and sign back in.

Contact Spotify.