Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Audio Streaming on SoundTouch speakers

@cleanton your original post says: 

Today I received an update of soundtouch app unfortunately I still can not listen Italian radio station 102.5

Error 3103 is still there...

It seems Bose Soundtouch app developpers don't care....

I have read your post carefully. I understand you can no longer access an Italian radio station, ident RTL 102.5.

You keep getting error code 3103.

You can access your Italian radio station using the TuneIn app but not through SoundTouch.

I have asked you additional questions:

What is the station ident vis a vis the station name and call letters?

There are many Italian stations named RTL in the TuneIn library.

Is the station from the TuneIn list of presets or did you import a url using the SoundTouch custom URL feature?

My advice stands:

Contact TuneIn, advise them of the problem.

Advice a moderator in this group the same, they will escalate the issue.

Try contacting the radio station directly, via their web page and request their URL. You can then put the URL directly into the custom URL feature of SoundTouch.

Finally, send me the name and call letters of the station. I will try to access it for you from a different location to see if it works.

I hope that is clear enough and you find my advice helpful.

My advice 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

@rickatk 

I'm tired of it! No more reply to you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

I have the Wave Sound Touch Music System IV and I do not know what speakers are compatible for it. There is no where that I see that clearly states which speakers are compatible. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@jim bob wrote:

I have the Wave Sound Touch Music System IV and I do not know what speakers are compatible for it. There is no where that I see that clearly states which speakers are compatible. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

The Wave systems has no compatible speakers per se. You can use SoundTouch and Airplay to group your Wave speakers with other SoundTouch and Smart Home speakers(Airplay) speakers for multiroom play. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Re: Audio Streaming on Sound Touch speakers

Thank you for your response. How does that work connecting to other speakers? What speakers can be used. If I understand you correctly, the $600 system that I just purchased does not allow me to set up a stereo experience.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Audio Streaming on my Soundtouch 10 randomly stops and then starts again , this is new as of Aug 2020 - I reset speaker , disconnected and reconnected and even moved the speaker to another location. No change , I get one or two songs , it’s stops, starts again for another song then stops again, rendering the speaker useless for its intended purpose, listening to streaming audio.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Plainjane2u wrote:

Audio Streaming on my Soundtouch 10 randomly stops and then starts again , this is new as of Aug 2020 - I reset speaker , disconnected and reconnected and even moved the speaker to another location. No change , I get one or two songs , it’s stops, starts again for another song then stops again, rendering the speaker useless for its intended purpose, listening to streaming audio.

What is the status of your router.? Where is it located? Try logging out of your ST account then log back in.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Seemed to be fixed for a few months now happing again.  Getting Error Message 3103 again.  The station for me is kpft in Houston/Galveston .   SO FRUSTRATING!

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Audio Streaming on Sound Touch speakers

@jim bob wrote:

Thank you for your response. How does that work connecting to other speakers? What speakers can be used. If I understand you correctly, the $600 system that I just purchased does not allow me to set up a stereo experience.

@jim bob The Wave speaker systems supports stereo and disperses stereo sound within the confines of it’s chassis. This is a well engineered product and performs admirably as a one piece music system and is well worth the money. You can group the Wave speaker with other Sound Touch and Smart Home speakers using the SoundTouch app or Airplay for a true multiroom experience. As far as extending the sound stage of the Wave  speaker that is not possible.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Hi @Wayne_M 

I just want to pass along some comments regarding my seamless multiroom experience on Halloween. I had a number of SoundTouch, Smart Home and Portable speakers grouped together over Airplay. With a Halloween Apple Music playlist playing from my iPhone, there was loud clear, good sounding Halloween tunes all over the house, patio, garage and outside. Great Fun!!

I understand some people may be experiencing streaming problems, fortunately that doesn't appear to be the case in my home setup. My Bose speakers working very well over the various network platforms including: Bluetooth, Airplay, SoundTouch and Smart Home(Bose Music). 

I attribute my continuous success to good engineering by the folks at Bose and careful network operations in my home and patience. This stuff really works and for me has done so for some time. 

All of my audio gear is Bose, networked wirelessly. My content is streamed from Apple Music, Stingray and TuneIn. Fortunately my station choices in Canada and the US are working well. Certainly I remain very satisfied with the Bose platform!