Aux out on soundtouch 10

Audible Advocate

Aux out on soundtouch 10

Hi Im trying to aux out from soundtouch 10. Can you please guide me how to do it. Also i try to do the same from wave i. But i dont find any provision for audio out / aux out.
Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
Wistful Whiz

Re: Aux out on soundtouch 10

@Suresh 2505 wrote:
Hi Im trying to aux out from soundtouch 10. Can you please guide me how to do it. Also i try to do the same from wave i. But i dont find any provision for audio out / aux out.
Thank you

AUX port is input only. It is designed for inputting external devices like portable players or even an AirPort Express over 3.5mm cable.

To play music to other SoundTouch speakers make sure you can see them in the SoundTouch app then select them individually or select play all.

Hope that helps.

Audible Advocate

Hi,

surprise to hear that there is no Audio Out.. I have Wave II and soundtouch 10.. I thought if there is a provision for aux/audio out , i can just connect my  wave ii with it . Thanks to you

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Indeed: These ports are great for turning dumb speaker systems like Wave Radio and Cinemate systems into smart speakers with the help of Sound Touch adaptors and Airport Express routers
Audible Advocate

Thanks for your update.

Wistful Whiz

....surprise to hear that there is no Audio Out.. I have Wave II and soundtouch 10.. I thought if there is a provision for aux/audio out , i can just connect my  wave ii with it . Thanks to you

If you want to connect your Wave ll to your Sound Touch 10 you can use a SoundTouch adaptor. This will give you one way communication from the Sound Touch speaker to the Wave speaker. That is to say the Wave speaker will only play music from SoundTouch. You won’t be able to play Wave FM radio or CD audio to the ST 10.

Friendly Fanatic

I did checked the soundtouch adapter price and the price is equal to soundtouch 10 which is not justifiable.
Wistful Whiz

@Suresh Kumar wrote:
I did checked the soundtouch adapter price and the price is equal to soundtouch 10 which is not justifiable.

Indeed...sometimes it is best to let your old gear go and get something new. In your case a second ST 10. Mind you if you are not looking for stereo, sonically a Sound Touch 20, would be closer to your Wave Radio. 

Audible Advocate

Hi, Thank you.. yes even im thinking of Home smart speaker 500

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your post. Rickatk is correct - the 3.5mm AUX socket on the back of the SoundTouch 10 is exclusively for input and the best way to output SoundTouch audio to another speaker is using the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter. The Home Speaker 500 is part of a different product line and is not part of the SoundTouch ecosystem so, although it is an excellent system, it does not fulfil your desired purpose. A second SoundTouch 10 is a great solution and they will sound great as a stereo pair.

@rickatk

Thank you for such excellent replies and your contribution to the community! We really appreciate this.

Kindest regards,

Patrick - Community Support