Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmottershead
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

BBC Radio Shropshire on my Bose Soundtouch 20 and 30

Hi,

I can't find an exact thread for my query so hope that someone can help.

Up until last week I could listen to all radio stations on my Soundtouch 20 and 30 via TuneIn Radio. This included BBC Radio Shropshire.

Now all the stations work OK, except Shropshire and I just get a message that tells me due to technical or contractual reasons the programmes I am trying to list to are not available; please try later.

Radio Shropshire is the station that I listen to the most and it seems to be the problem is only on the Soundtouch.

Has anyone got any ideas I can try or advice?

Thanks,

Nigel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_E

Re: BBC Radio Shropshire on my Bose Soundtouch 20 and 30

Author Accepted Answer selected by nmottershead

@nmottershead

Hi again Nigel,

Thanks for your reply! It seems that I jumped the gun a little...I just double-checked and I am indeed hearing the same pre-recorded message on repeat 🙂

What I've tried is accessing BBC Radio Shropshire via an Internet browser, outside of the SoundTouch app. On the BBC's own website it works fine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_shropshire

However, via TuneIn (the radio service that we use in the SoundTouch app), I'm getting an error saying: "This station is not available in your region." I get this on a laptop and on a phone.

I therefore believe that this might be a TuneIn issue, rather than an issue with the station itself.

The workaround would be to use the Radioplayer service in the SoundTouch app. I just searched for "BBC Radio Shropshire" there, and found it as the 2nd result. It worked fine when I tried it - does it work for you as well?

Radioplayer stations can be set as presets as well. Let me know if you need assistance with setting it up.

Best regards

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sam_F

Hey Nigel,

Thank you for taking the time to post - welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to learn you're having difficulties streaming the BBC Radio Shropshire station. As the issue is isolated to one station may be as a result of a source issue - has there been any change since your post? There may have been weather issues causing interruption, so what I'd recommend as standard is to reset your speaker and WiFi router by disconnecting them from power for a minute or so.

Test the station afterward and report to us what you find!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Fatwallet
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

I have the same problem also I cannot get BBC Hereford and Worcestershire . It has been working fine for the last 3+ years.

I have turned the power off and unplugged for 3 minutes still same message.

Chrisles
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

Hi the same message happens for Radio Humberside. Reading the blog on BBC account it appears - I may be mistaken - that the BBC are restricting their stations to be broadcast through their own apps and approved providers. TuneIn used widely including on Bose SoundTouch speakers is no longer used by BBC. It’s disappointing and I hope someone will be able to remedy the agreement between TuneIn and BBC Radio.

nmottershead
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

Hi,

I tried as you suggested Sam and re booted the router and also the Soundtouch.

It is still the same.

Am I correct in assuming that now, I can't listen to BBC local radio on my Soundtouch?

Is there another way of connecting other than using TuneIn ?

Thanks,

Nigel.

Ben_E

@nmottershead

Hi there Nigel,

Thanks for your reply. I have two SoundTouch 10 speakers at home, so I ran a test myself.

I was able to find BBC Radio Shropshire, and play it successfully, by typing it in as a manual search. I had to scroll down to the bottom of the search results to find it, but the list wasn't long 🙂

Let me know if you can play the station again. You may need to set it again as a preset as well - let me know if you need any assistance with doing so.

Best wishes

Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
nmottershead
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

Hi ben,

Thanks for trying this.

I did the search and it appeared and had the current presenter's name etc but through the speaker just comes a pre recorded message saying due to either technical or contractual reasons, it isn't possible to listen to this station!

Do you think I should delete the App from my phone and start all over again?

The other stations work fine including Radio 2 and 4 as well as some other local none BBC stations.

Thanks for your help.

Nigel.

Ben_E

Author Accepted Answer selected by nmottershead

@nmottershead

Hi again Nigel,

Thanks for your reply! It seems that I jumped the gun a little...I just double-checked and I am indeed hearing the same pre-recorded message on repeat 🙂

What I've tried is accessing BBC Radio Shropshire via an Internet browser, outside of the SoundTouch app. On the BBC's own website it works fine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_shropshire

However, via TuneIn (the radio service that we use in the SoundTouch app), I'm getting an error saying: "This station is not available in your region." I get this on a laptop and on a phone.

I therefore believe that this might be a TuneIn issue, rather than an issue with the station itself.

The workaround would be to use the Radioplayer service in the SoundTouch app. I just searched for "BBC Radio Shropshire" there, and found it as the 2nd result. It worked fine when I tried it - does it work for you as well?

Radioplayer stations can be set as presets as well. Let me know if you need assistance with setting it up.

Best regards

View solution in original post

nmottershead
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

Hi Ben,

Marvellous! You are a star!

I found it immediately and am listening to it now via a Soundtouch 20.

Thank you so much for this.

I will also tune in the other stations in my pre sets via Radioplayer and forget TuneIn.

I hope this also helps others and thanks for your help.

Nigel.

Fatwallet
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2021

Thank you I have fixed it using your recommendation.  Len.